Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Epox 9NDA3J questions

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 2:39:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I just "upgraded" from my Biostar M7NCD Nforce 2, AMD 2400+ setup to an Epox
9NDA3J and AMD 64 3000 setup, and it seems to be slower than where I came
from! I can't seem to get the bios narrowed down, and I am having constant
glitches, with random reboots becoming a norm, particularly after exiting 3D
games (such as Brothers in Arms). I have a gig of Corsair memory running in
dual channel, and my power supply isn't a problem. I feel gipped because I
went from a stable system to this unstable system with no noticeable speed
increase. Any suggestions?

More about : epox 9nda3j questions

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 1:59:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Mr. Brian Allen" <blah@blah.com> wrote in message
news:Sn33e.659$yL2.94@fe08.lga...
>I just "upgraded" from my Biostar M7NCD Nforce 2, AMD 2400+ setup to an
>Epox 9NDA3J and AMD 64 3000 setup, and it seems to be slower than where I
>came from! I can't seem to get the bios narrowed down, and I am having
>constant glitches, with random reboots becoming a norm, particularly after
>exiting 3D games (such as Brothers in Arms). I have a gig of Corsair
>memory running in dual channel, and my power supply isn't a problem. I
>feel gipped because I went from a stable system to this unstable system
>with no noticeable speed increase. Any suggestions?


It sounds like a power supply problem, how do you know it isnt an issue? Is
this on a clean install of windows? I'd never replace a mobo and not
reinstall windows (clean, not over the top) and you'll just end up with a
soggy mush of drivers.

>
>
>
>
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 1:59:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

> It sounds like a power supply problem, how do you know it isnt an issue?
> Is this on a clean install of windows? I'd never replace a mobo and not
> reinstall windows (clean, not over the top) and you'll just end up with a
> soggy mush of drivers.

It's a brand-new power supply.
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?descripti...

Yes, it's a clean install of XP.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 4:22:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Mr. Brian Allen" <blah@blah.com> wrote in message
news:D Qa3e.2441$bf3.1806@fe04.lga...
>> It sounds like a power supply problem, how do you know it isnt an issue?
>> Is this on a clean install of windows? I'd never replace a mobo and not
>> reinstall windows (clean, not over the top) and you'll just end up with a
>> soggy mush of drivers.
>
> It's a brand-new power supply.
> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
>
> Yes, it's a clean install of XP.

Its the PSU, budget supplies are never the way forward

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
would be much better suited to your system, and i guarantee it will sort the
problems

>
>
>
!