Epox 9NDA3J questions

I just "upgraded" from my Biostar M7NCD Nforce 2, AMD 2400+ setup to an Epox
9NDA3J and AMD 64 3000 setup, and it seems to be slower than where I came
from! I can't seem to get the bios narrowed down, and I am having constant
glitches, with random reboots becoming a norm, particularly after exiting 3D
games (such as Brothers in Arms). I have a gig of Corsair memory running in
dual channel, and my power supply isn't a problem. I feel gipped because I
went from a stable system to this unstable system with no noticeable speed
increase. Any suggestions?
3 answers Last reply
More about epox 9nda3j questions

    "Mr. Brian Allen" <blah@blah.com> wrote in message
    >I just "upgraded" from my Biostar M7NCD Nforce 2, AMD 2400+ setup to an
    >Epox 9NDA3J and AMD 64 3000 setup, and it seems to be slower than where I
    >came from! I can't seem to get the bios narrowed down, and I am having
    >constant glitches, with random reboots becoming a norm, particularly after
    >exiting 3D games (such as Brothers in Arms). I have a gig of Corsair
    >memory running in dual channel, and my power supply isn't a problem. I
    >feel gipped because I went from a stable system to this unstable system
    >with no noticeable speed increase. Any suggestions?

    It sounds like a power supply problem, how do you know it isnt an issue? Is
    this on a clean install of windows? I'd never replace a mobo and not
    reinstall windows (clean, not over the top) and you'll just end up with a
    soggy mush of drivers.

    > It sounds like a power supply problem, how do you know it isnt an issue?
    > Is this on a clean install of windows? I'd never replace a mobo and not
    > reinstall windows (clean, not over the top) and you'll just end up with a
    > soggy mush of drivers.

    It's a brand-new power supply.
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=17-162-111&depa=0

    Yes, it's a clean install of XP.

    >> It sounds like a power supply problem, how do you know it isnt an issue?
    >> Is this on a clean install of windows? I'd never replace a mobo and not
    >> reinstall windows (clean, not over the top) and you'll just end up with a
    >> soggy mush of drivers.
    >
    > It's a brand-new power supply.
    > http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=17-162-111&depa=0
    >
    > Yes, it's a clean install of XP.

    Its the PSU, budget supplies are never the way forward

    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-909&depa=0
    would be much better suited to your system, and i guarantee it will sort the
    problems

Nvidia Epox Graphics