Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Reading the GPU fan speed

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2005 3:00:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Hi,
Is it possible to read the GPU fan speed with some application like MBM
(Motherboard monitor) ?

Tal

More about : reading gpu fan speed

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2005 3:00:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

In article <424eec0d@news.bezeqint.net>, Tal Fuchs says...
> Hi,
> Is it possible to read the GPU fan speed with some application like MBM
> (Motherboard monitor) ?
>
Only if the graphics card supports it but alot don't. Check the fan
power lead and see if its a 3 wire one. If it isn't, it can't.


--
Conor

Windows & Outlook/OE in particular, shipped with settings making them
as open to entry as a starlet in a porno. Steve B
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2005 5:24:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Conor Turton" <conor@conorturton.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1cb909e35a2abf84989691@news.individual.net...
> In article <424eec0d@news.bezeqint.net>, Tal Fuchs says...
>> Hi,
>> Is it possible to read the GPU fan speed with some application like MBM
>> (Motherboard monitor) ?
>>
> Only if the graphics card supports it but alot don't. Check the fan
> power lead and see if its a 3 wire one. If it isn't, it can't.
>

Assuming it has 3 wires (I know - The yellow one is for monitoring), will
MBM be able to read it ?

>
> --
> Conor
>
> Windows & Outlook/OE in particular, shipped with settings making them
> as open to entry as a starlet in a porno. Steve B
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2005 12:32:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Tal Fuchs" <fuchs_t@bezeqint.net> wrote in message
news:424f0da8@news.bezeqint.net...
>
> "Conor Turton" <conor@conorturton.com> wrote in message
> news:MPG.1cb909e35a2abf84989691@news.individual.net...
>> In article <424eec0d@news.bezeqint.net>, Tal Fuchs says...
>>> Hi,
>>> Is it possible to read the GPU fan speed with some application like MBM
>>> (Motherboard monitor) ?
>>>
>> Only if the graphics card supports it but alot don't. Check the fan
>> power lead and see if its a 3 wire one. If it isn't, it can't.
>>
>
> Assuming it has 3 wires (I know - The yellow one is for monitoring), will
> MBM be able to read it ?
>
>>
>> --
>> Conor
>>
>> Windows & Outlook/OE in particular, shipped with settings making them
>> as open to entry as a starlet in a porno. Steve B
>
>

Only if the card supports it and the only way to check it is to try it out
for yourself.
!