Inno 3d 6800GT PCI-E power up probs

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 3, 2005 6:22:47 AM

Building a system with the skt 939 Asus a8n -sli deluxe(flashed with
latest bios 1006).3500 processor,tagan 480 psu, geil mem and an Inno 3d
6800GT 256mb pci-E.
Put simply when i boot the system 50% of time the graphics card fails
to power up(fan doesnt turn and get bios beeps saying faulty card).-
the card is seated properly and powered by a pci-expess power cable.
Rest of time system boots as normal no probs-just during POST
Easy answer-RMA it ??? returned it this morning ,replaced with same
make and exactly the same problem. Iv even tried using different M/B
and power supply- Thermaltake 680w.
Iv built quite a few systems of late but this has got me stumped-iv
spent hours on this

--
maxxximus
Anonymous

Do you have any other components(HD,CD,DVD) connected to the same power
line as the vid card? I had my video card and CD drive on the same line and
when the cd would spin up I'd get video freezes.

!