SA (PC) mp3 problem

Dumbass

Distinguished
May 5, 2003

Up until 10 days ago, I could use my custom mp3s in GTA:SA (PC).

Now.. it wont detect them. I have tried the "manually scan user tracks"
option.. but it wont find any songs..

I have tried putting in .mp3 files.. and also shortcuts to mp3s..

Any ideas? Anybody had this bug?

I have already re-installed the game. [Maybe I need to format the entire
PC]..

Hey do let me know the results. I got Quicktime installed and was never
able to use mp3 for GTA ....thanks!

I wouldn't piss on Quicktime.

They are as bad as Real... I use Real and Quicktime Alternate. How
their codec stops mp3 playback boggles the mind.

T.

Yes! I had this problem for ages.

My fix was to install quicktime and THEN do a quicktime update from within
the quicktime player. After that my MP3s magicly played correctly from
within GTA:SA. I only have shortcuts in the ".....My Documents\GTA San
Andreas User Files\User Tracks" folder and these work fine.

"Paul W" <wf1000xg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes! I had this problem for ages.
>
> My fix was to install quicktime and THEN do a quicktime update from within
> the quicktime player. After that my MP3s magicly played correctly from
> within GTA:SA. I only have shortcuts in the ".....My Documents\GTA San
> Andreas User Files\User Tracks" folder and these work fine.
>

> "Dumbass" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
>> People on this forum say it could be conflicting with Quicktime.
>>
>> http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=78680
>>

>> I DID install Quicktime around the same time that this GTA bug started
>> occuring.
>>
>> How strange. I will uninstall quicktime, and see if that fixes the bug.
>>

> Hi
>
> I've just extracted the great music from GTA SA (PC), but they are in OGG
> format. I'd like to listen to the music in my car (IRL :)), which formats
> can a normal CD-player dial with?
> I've tried to convert the OGG-files to WAV, but then the music only plays
> for 10-30 seconds and jump to next music-clip in the normal CD-player. I'd
> like to try to convert to WMA, is there a free converterprogram for that
> OGG->WMA conversion?
>
> Any other tips are very velcome!
>
> Emil
You can extract the music from the game and burn it to cd
or play it in your favourite mp3 player, using the utility available here:

http://www.thegtaplace.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=560

Bear in mind most of the in game tracks are about 3 minute radio edits, I
don't know if this is the case for the tracks on the soundtrack cds.

I used the above file. I choose DJ#2. I then converted
all 11 folders to .wav then burned each to CD so we'll see. I later
re-extracted the audio and choose no DJ and I thought it was better. The
DJ's are very funny though

You might also want to try WinLame at
http://winlame.sourceforge.net/download.php . This file will convert your
..ogg files to MP3 or several other formats so each radio station can be
created as a seperate cd.

Good Luck

Peace

Dumbass

Distinguished
May 5, 2003

Uninstalling Quicktime did not fix the problem.

I will try what 'Paul W' said and install quicktime, then update it.

"Shawn LeBron" <scl1003@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey do let me know the results. I got Quicktime installed and was never
> able to use mp3 for GTA ....thanks!

Dumbass

Distinguished
May 5, 2003

Uninstalling Quicktime did NOT fix the mp3 issue. I still cannot play mp3s
in GTA.

I will try installing it again. Then try updating to the newest version.
(However, before the uninstall, I think I was using the newest version).