full screen video...

Occasionally I have problems with full screen video.

When having two 19" monitors attached, in Dual view, the full screen output
is the secondary monitor, but when I switch it to dual view on my primary
monitor and my TV as the second, when I open a video for full screen, the
full screen appears on my MONITOR rather than the TV, and the TV displays
random colours until I use my alt+F4 to close media player, at whcih point
the monitor is Black, and the right hand side of my desktop that contains
nothing is on my TV, and I have to switch my PC off and back on again.
8 answers Last reply
More about full screen video

    God this newsgroup is helpful!

    Maybe someone could suggest a more appropriate one?

    "Ian Bethell" <djsky@REMOVE ME-djsky.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Occasionally I have problems with full screen video.
    >
    > When having two 19" monitors attached, in Dual view, the full screen
    > output is the secondary monitor, but when I switch it to dual view on my
    > primary monitor and my TV as the second, when I open a video for full
    > screen, the full screen appears on my MONITOR rather than the TV, and the
    > TV displays random colours until I use my alt+F4 to close media player, at
    > whcih point the monitor is Black, and the right hand side of my desktop
    > that contains nothing is on my TV, and I have to switch my PC off and back
    > on again.

    Strange. What've you set yer video fullscreen mirror option to in the nVidia
    applet? What card is this?

    Which drivers are you on? You could try uninstalling them and using driver
    cleaner to remove all traces of the drivers and then reinstalling. See if
    'tis still broken then. What's kind of clip are you playing? Is it a DivX
    clip and what're you using to watch it?

    The coloured pattern on the TV doesn't sound normal.

    "Ian Bethell" <djsky@REMOVE ME-djsky.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Occasionally I have problems with full screen video.
    >
    > When having two 19" monitors attached, in Dual view, the full screen
    > output is the secondary monitor, but when I switch it to dual view on my
    > primary monitor and my TV as the second, when I open a video for full
    > screen, the full screen appears on my MONITOR rather than the TV, and the
    > TV displays random colours until I use my alt+F4 to close media player, at
    > whcih point the monitor is Black, and the right hand side of my desktop
    > that contains nothing is on my TV, and I have to switch my PC off and back
    > on again.

    Ian Bethell <djsky@REMOVE ME-djsky.co.uk> wrote:
    > God this newsgroup is helpful!
    >
    > Maybe someone could suggest a more appropriate one?

    Try news.announce.newusers

    Seriously, no one here is paid to answer your questions -- if you do get
    free help, be thankful, and if you don't, *you're* the one who's wasted
    other people's time.

    --
    *Art

    Very strange indeed... i hae mirror setting set to Zoom control, video
    mirror and Out.

    V 71.84

    using windows media player 10.
    tried avi and divx clips, both the same... works fine when the media player
    is on the TV window, produces lovely full screen on my Monitor, but when i
    drag it accross to the left, ie the monitor, the TV goes different colours,
    yellow/green mainly, and the video is still full screen on my montor.

    then, when i "blindly" drag the window back to the right, the TV goes back
    to norml viewing the desktop.

    "Sharanga Dayananda" <sharanga@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > Strange. What've you set yer video fullscreen mirror option to in the
    > nVidia applet? What card is this?
    >
    > Which drivers are you on? You could try uninstalling them and using driver
    > cleaner to remove all traces of the drivers and then reinstalling. See if
    > 'tis still broken then. What's kind of clip are you playing? Is it a DivX
    > clip and what're you using to watch it?
    >
    > The coloured pattern on the TV doesn't sound normal.
    >

    > "Ian Bethell" <djsky@REMOVE ME-djsky.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Occasionally I have problems with full screen video.
    >>
    >> When having two 19" monitors attached, in Dual view, the full screen
    >> output is the secondary monitor, but when I switch it to dual view on my
    >> primary monitor and my TV as the second, when I open a video for full
    >> screen, the full screen appears on my MONITOR rather than the TV, and the
    >> TV displays random colours until I use my alt+F4 to close media player,
    >> at whcih point the monitor is Black, and the right hand side of my
    >> desktop that contains nothing is on my TV, and I have to switch my PC off
    >> and back on again.

    Try setting the mirror setting (full screen device) to one of the displays
    instead of zoom control. This way you should get fullscreen on one display
    and have a normal view in the other.

    > Very strange indeed... i hae mirror setting set to Zoom control, video
    > mirror and Out.
    >
    > V 71.84
    >
    > using windows media player 10.
    > tried avi and divx clips, both the same... works fine when the media
    > player is on the TV window, produces lovely full screen on my Monitor, but
    > when i drag it accross to the left, ie the monitor, the TV goes different
    > colours, yellow/green mainly, and the video is still full screen on my
    > montor.
    >
    > then, when i "blindly" drag the window back to the right, the TV goes back
    > to norml viewing the desktop.
    >

    > "Sharanga Dayananda" <sharanga@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Strange. What've you set yer video fullscreen mirror option to in the
    >> nVidia applet? What card is this?
    >>
    >> Which drivers are you on? You could try uninstalling them and using
    >> driver cleaner to remove all traces of the drivers and then reinstalling.
    >> See if 'tis still broken then. What's kind of clip are you playing? Is it
    >> a DivX clip and what're you using to watch it?
    >>
    >> The coloured pattern on the TV doesn't sound normal.
    >>

    >> "Ian Bethell" <djsky@REMOVE ME-djsky.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>> Occasionally I have problems with full screen video.
    >>>
    >>> When having two 19" monitors attached, in Dual view, the full screen
    >>> output is the secondary monitor, but when I switch it to dual view on my
    >>> primary monitor and my TV as the second, when I open a video for full
    >>> screen, the full screen appears on my MONITOR rather than the TV, and
    >>> the TV displays random colours until I use my alt+F4 to close media
    >>> player, at whcih point the monitor is Black, and the right hand side of
    >>> my desktop that contains nothing is on my TV, and I have to switch my PC
    >>> off and back on again.

    I don't have that as an option.

    Under Zoom control, I can either have "Mirror" or "Both" and under full
    screen device I have "Auto Select" or "Disable".

    ??

    > Try setting the mirror setting (full screen device) to one of the displays
    > instead of zoom control. This way you should get fullscreen on one display
    > and have a normal view in the other.
    >

    > "Ian Bethell" <djsky@REMOVE ME-djsky.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Very strange indeed... i hae mirror setting set to Zoom control, video
    >> mirror and Out.
    >>
    >> V 71.84
    >>
    >> using windows media player 10.
    >> tried avi and divx clips, both the same... works fine when the media
    >> player is on the TV window, produces lovely full screen on my Monitor,
    >> but when i drag it accross to the left, ie the monitor, the TV goes
    >> different colours, yellow/green mainly, and the video is still full
    >> screen on my montor.
    >>
    >> then, when i "blindly" drag the window back to the right, the TV goes
    >> back to norml viewing the desktop.
    >>

    >> "Sharanga Dayananda" <sharanga@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> Strange. What've you set yer video fullscreen mirror option to in the
    >>> nVidia applet? What card is this?
    >>>
    >>> Which drivers are you on? You could try uninstalling them and using
    >>> driver cleaner to remove all traces of the drivers and then
    >>> reinstalling. See if 'tis still broken then. What's kind of clip are you
    >>> playing? Is it a DivX clip and what're you using to watch it?
    >>>
    >>> The coloured pattern on the TV doesn't sound normal.
    >>>

    >>> "Ian Bethell" <djsky@REMOVE ME-djsky.co.uk> wrote in message

    Which card do you have?

    >I don't have that as an option.
    >
    > Under Zoom control, I can either have "Mirror" or "Both" and under full
    > screen device I have "Auto Select" or "Disable".
    >
    > ??
    >
    > "Sharanga Dayananda" <sharanga@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Try setting the mirror setting (full screen device) to one of the
    >> displays instead of zoom control. This way you should get fullscreen on
    >> one display and have a normal view in the other.
    >>

    >> "Ian Bethell" <djsky@REMOVE ME-djsky.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>> Very strange indeed... i hae mirror setting set to Zoom control, video
    >>> mirror and Out.
    >>>
    >>> V 71.84
    >>>
    >>> using windows media player 10.
    >>> tried avi and divx clips, both the same... works fine when the media
    >>> player is on the TV window, produces lovely full screen on my Monitor,
    >>> but when i drag it accross to the left, ie the monitor, the TV goes
    >>> different colours, yellow/green mainly, and the video is still full
    >>> screen on my montor.
    >>>
    >>> then, when i "blindly" drag the window back to the right, the TV goes
    >>> back to norml viewing the desktop.
    >>>

    >>> "Sharanga Dayananda" <sharanga@gmail.com> wrote in message

    Yeah 'tis changed since the last driver release. Now the display you had it
    playing on stays the same and the other one becomes fullscreen. On mine when
    I move the window from one to another, the fullscreen mirror changes from
    one display to the other.

Nvidia TV Video Monitors Graphics