So, what card do I have??

I posted earlier, but, I've made some headway. What I think I have is a
LeadTek Winfast A 280 card which is POWERED with an NVidia GForce TI
4200... I'm assuming Ledtek used NVidia chips???

When installing the drivers, it was recognized as a ti4200 and I installed
it that way. No problems and it works well. When I went to the LedTek site
and used their drivers, it didn't go as smoothly.

How does one really identify the card?? On the inside it has 2896A D
stamped...

Thanks.

On 4/4/2005 8:39 PM The Chris brightened our day with:

>I posted earlier, but, I've made some headway. What I think I have is a
>LeadTek Winfast A 280 card which is POWERED with an NVidia GForce TI
>4200... I'm assuming Ledtek used NVidia chips???
>
>When installing the drivers, it was recognized as a ti4200 and I installed
>it that way. No problems and it works well. When I went to the LedTek site
>and used their drivers, it didn't go as smoothly.
>
>How does one really identify the card?? On the inside it has 2896A D
>stamped...
>
>Thanks.

If you install the forceware drivers from nVidia, whatever it says will
be right. The brand name is eventually irrelevant. I've owned a lot of
video cards and since the days when unified driver architecture began,
I've never used drivers from a manufacturer site.

If that doesn't satisfy you watch the video BIOS screen the next time
you boot your computer. It's the first thing that pops up so make sure
your monitor is warmed up or you might miss it.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

Inglo wrote:
> On 4/4/2005 8:39 PM The Chris brightened our day with:
>
> >I posted earlier, but, I've made some headway. What I think I have
is a
> >LeadTek Winfast A 280 card which is POWERED with an NVidia GForce TI

> >4200... I'm assuming Ledtek used NVidia chips???
> >
> >When installing the drivers, it was recognized as a ti4200 and I
installed
> >it that way. No problems and it works well. When I went to the
LedTek site
> >and used their drivers, it didn't go as smoothly.
> >
> >How does one really identify the card?? On the inside it has 2896A D

> >stamped...
> >
> >Thanks.
> >

> If you install the forceware drivers from nVidia, whatever it says
will
> be right. The brand name is eventually irrelevant. I've owned a lot
of
> video cards and since the days when unified driver architecture
began,
> I've never used drivers from a manufacturer site.
>
> If that doesn't satisfy you watch the video BIOS screen the next time

> you boot your computer. It's the first thing that pops up so make
sure
> your monitor is warmed up or you might miss it.
>
> --
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com

Thanks for the info.... You know, I had been looking for the BIOS
screen, but it didn't have one - just saw the typical ones for my
board, and my PCI IDE card.

Any idea where I can get that VIVO splitter cable?? The one that has
the S-video connector on one end??

Thanks.

http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
Everest home, for all the info you want

"cabell" <cabell64@gmail.com> wrote in message

Inglo wrote:
> On 4/4/2005 8:39 PM The Chris brightened our day with:
>
> >I posted earlier, but, I've made some headway. What I think I have
is a
> >LeadTek Winfast A 280 card which is POWERED with an NVidia GForce TI

> >4200... I'm assuming Ledtek used NVidia chips???
> >
> >When installing the drivers, it was recognized as a ti4200 and I
installed
> >it that way. No problems and it works well. When I went to the
LedTek site
> >and used their drivers, it didn't go as smoothly.
> >
> >How does one really identify the card?? On the inside it has 2896A D

> >stamped...
> >
> >Thanks.
> >

> If you install the forceware drivers from nVidia, whatever it says
will
> be right. The brand name is eventually irrelevant. I've owned a lot
of
> video cards and since the days when unified driver architecture
began,
> I've never used drivers from a manufacturer site.
>
> If that doesn't satisfy you watch the video BIOS screen the next time

> you boot your computer. It's the first thing that pops up so make
sure
> your monitor is warmed up or you might miss it.
>
> --
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com

Thanks for the info.... You know, I had been looking for the BIOS
screen, but it didn't have one - just saw the typical ones for my
board, and my PCI IDE card.

Any idea where I can get that VIVO splitter cable?? The one that has
the S-video connector on one end??

The VIVO splitter can be had at:

http://www.censuspc.com/cart/product.php?productid=614&cat=61&page=2