Skydiving into swimming pools

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Anyone else tried this, make sure you have a parachute and find a helicopter
or plane. Fly upto the maximum altitude you can and fly over an area you
know has swimming pools. Jump out of helicopter/plane but don't open the
parachute, see if you can skydive into a swimming pool. Surprisingly CJ only
loses a little health if you get it right, make sure the swimming pool
you're aiming for has water in it!

Brodieman wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:44:22 GMT, bryan wrote:

> >> Have to say that is a GREAT idea.
> >>
> >> Which leads me to ask, as I'm relatively new to the game and only managed
> >> to steal the basic light aircraft from the airport so far - does this have
> >> a parachute with it? And if so which button (X-Box) deploys it? So far
> >> I've not been able to figure it out...
> >
> > when you get your pilot's licence, you'll get a parachute when you enter a
> > plane (and get above a certain altitude?). before that you have to collect
> > one.
>
> Ah. Is there one near the airport in Las Santos?

There's one on top of the tallest building in Los Santos.

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:49:49 +0100, Jack wrote:

> Anyone else tried this, make sure you have a parachute and find a helicopter
> or plane. Fly upto the maximum altitude you can and fly over an area you
> know has swimming pools. Jump out of helicopter/plane but don't open the
> parachute, see if you can skydive into a swimming pool. Surprisingly CJ only
> loses a little health if you get it right, make sure the swimming pool
> you're aiming for has water in it!

Have to say that is a GREAT idea.

Which leads me to ask, as I'm relatively new to the game and only managed
to steal the basic light aircraft from the airport so far - does this have
a parachute with it? And if so which button (X-Box) deploys it? So far I've
not been able to figure it out...

> Anyone else tried this, make sure you have a parachute and find a
helicopter
> or plane. Fly upto the maximum altitude you can and fly over an area you
> know has swimming pools. Jump out of helicopter/plane but don't open the
> parachute, see if you can skydive into a swimming pool. Surprisingly CJ
only
> loses a little health if you get it right, make sure the swimming pool
> you're aiming for has water in it!

I tried it into that small, curcular pool outside one of the LV hotels. It
was probably a bit _too_ shallow.

May try the "pirates" pool and work towards smaller pools from there.

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:50:20 +0000, Brodieman wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:44:22 GMT, bryan wrote:

>>> Have to say that is a GREAT idea.
>>>
>>> Which leads me to ask, as I'm relatively new to the game and only
>>> managed to steal the basic light aircraft from the airport so far -
>>> does this have a parachute with it? And if so which button (X-Box)
>>> deploys it? So far I've not been able to figure it out...
>>
>> when you get your pilot's licence, you'll get a parachute when you enter
>> a plane (and get above a certain altitude?). before that you have to
>> collect one.
>
> Ah. Is there one near the airport in Las Santos?

look at this map...

http://hem.bredband.net/708145/weap.html

it's directly north of the airport terminal.

In message <de2op0$upv$1@domitilla.aioe.org>
"Jack" <nope@nope.nope> wrote:

> Anyone else tried this, make sure you have a parachute and find a helicopter
> or plane. Fly upto the maximum altitude you can and fly over an area you
> know has swimming pools. Jump out of helicopter/plane but don't open the
> parachute, see if you can skydive into a swimming pool. Surprisingly CJ only
> loses a little health if you get it right, make sure the swimming pool
> you're aiming for has water in it!

This was one of the first things I attempted after properly getting the
pilot's license.

When bailing out of a plane, use the directional stick/keys to keep an
eye on what happens to the plane or chopper, often it's will just fall
to the ground and explode. It seems that R* have changed the physics of
helicopters ever so slightly over VC; it's now possible to regain a
chopper after it's fallen from a really tall height.

Cheers,
Rob

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:25:03 GMT, bryan wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:50:20 +0000, Brodieman wrote:

>>> when you get your pilot's licence, you'll get a parachute when you enter
>>> a plane (and get above a certain altitude?). before that you have to
>>> collect one.
>>
>> Ah. Is there one near the airport in Las Santos?
>
> look at this map...
>
> http://hem.bredband.net/708145/weap.html
>
> it's directly north of the airport terminal.

thanks!

This has already been done MONTHS ago...

Somewhere, there's a video floating around the net showing a
high-altitude jump into a tiny swimming pool and CJ walking away from
the experience.

In message <pan.2005.08.18.21.46.46.791489@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan>
bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote:

> when you get your pilot's licence, you'll get a parachute when you enter a
> plane (and get above a certain altitude?). before that you have to collect
> one.

You automatically get a parachute whenever you enter any sort of
aircraft, altitude doesn't really matter.

I think you need to complete the pilot school to bail out and have it
automatically selected in your inventory, although right from the start
parachutes are available. That tall building with the helipad in Los
Santos has one right from the start.

Cheers,
Rob

Wow, I never knew that! I do remember accidentally falling and finding
that I had a parachute when I thought I didn't.

Phil Hibbs.

"Brodieman" <stephenduffield*delete*@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:25:03 GMT, bryan wrote:

>>> Ah. Is there one near the airport in Las Santos?
>>
>> look at this map...
>>
>> http://hem.bredband.net/708145/weap.html
>>
>> it's directly north of the airport terminal.
>
> thanks!

You can enter the building at street level, and end up on the roof so you
can grab the chute.

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> In message <de2op0$upv$1@domitilla.aioe.org>
> "Jack" <nope@nope.nope> wrote:
>
>> Anyone else tried this, make sure you have a parachute and find a
>> helicopter
>> or plane. Fly upto the maximum altitude you can and fly over an area you
>> know has swimming pools. Jump out of helicopter/plane but don't open the
>> parachute, see if you can skydive into a swimming pool. Surprisingly CJ
>> only
>> loses a little health if you get it right, make sure the swimming pool
>> you're aiming for has water in it!
>
> This was one of the first things I attempted after properly getting the
> pilot's license.
>
> When bailing out of a plane, use the directional stick/keys to keep an
> eye on what happens to the plane or chopper, often it's will just fall
> to the ground and explode. It seems that R* have changed the physics of
> helicopters ever so slightly over VC; it's now possible to regain a
> chopper after it's fallen from a really tall height.

My first sky dive was from the chopper into Grove Street. I found the
chopper sitting calmly in the storm drain behind Sweet's house when I was
done, in perfect working order.