ASUS V9999 GE/GT

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Time to upgrade my Ti4200 and decided on Asus 256MbV9999GE/GT FX6800. What I
want to know is why the GE is £15 cheaper than the GT when the GE is
boasting it the best preformance card for the hardcore gamer, so whats on
the GT that makes it worth £15 more?

greg wrote:

> Time to upgrade my Ti4200 and decided on Asus 256MbV9999GE/GT FX6800.
> What I want to know is why the GE is £15 cheaper than the GT when the
> GE is boasting it the best preformance card for the hardcore gamer,
> so whats on the GT that makes it worth £15 more?

AFAIK, the GT has 4 more pipes, one more vertex shader and faster memory.
The GE has DDR3 memory, so that's not a factor.

--
dvus

"dvus" <dven1@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> greg wrote:
>
>> Time to upgrade my Ti4200 and decided on Asus 256MbV9999GE/GT FX6800.
>> What I want to know is why the GE is £15 cheaper than the GT when the
>> GE is boasting it the best preformance card for the hardcore gamer,
>> so whats on the GT that makes it worth £15 more?
>
> AFAIK, the GT has 4 more pipes, one more vertex shader and faster memory.
> The GE has DDR3 memory, so that's not a factor.
>
> --
> dvus

I have a GE , its 12 pipe , the extra vertex shader unlocked with Riva , but
the pipes artifact when unlocked. Your experience may differ.

It has DDR3 memory.

The GE came with a nice flash holder with some games in it too , but youd
prob be better off getting the GT if its only a little more and you have the
CPU grunt to use it.

Brett wrote:
> "dvus" <dven1@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> greg wrote:
>>
>>> Time to upgrade my Ti4200 and decided on Asus 256MbV9999GE/GT
>>> FX6800. What I want to know is why the GE is £15 cheaper than the
>>> GT when the GE is boasting it the best preformance card for the
>>> hardcore gamer, so whats on the GT that makes it worth £15 more?
>>
>> AFAIK, the GT has 4 more pipes, one more vertex shader and faster
>> memory. The GE has DDR3 memory, so that's not a factor.
>>
>> --
>> dvus
>>

> I have a GE , its 12 pipe , the extra vertex shader unlocked with
> Riva , but the pipes artifact when unlocked. Your experience may
> differ.

Mine reported the extra pipes and vertex shader unlocked but the performance
before and after didn't seem to bear that out.

> It has DDR3 memory.
>
> The GE came with a nice flash holder with some games in it too , but
> youd prob be better off getting the GT if its only a little more and
> you have the CPU grunt to use it.

I'd trade the GE with all the games for a GT in an instant.

--
dvus