TV out on - Power usage and wear

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 9, 2005 10:22:48 PM

Just a simple question. I have an Ti-4200 card (Asus V8420).

I use the TV-out in clone mode to view pictures and video on TV.

But does this use more power and generate more heat than when I
disable "clone" mode and use "Standard" (only PC monitor)?

The question really is: Should I leave "clone" on always, or should I
switch to "Standard" when I don't use the TV to save the card?

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

More about : power usage wear

Anonymous
April 11, 2005 8:40:14 AM

Lars-Erik Østerud wrote:
> Just a simple question. I have an Ti-4200 card (Asus V8420).
>
> I use the TV-out in clone mode to view pictures and video on TV.
>
> But does this use more power and generate more heat than when I
> disable "clone" mode and use "Standard" (only PC monitor)?
>
> The question really is: Should I leave "clone" on always, or should I
> switch to "Standard" when I don't use the TV to save the card?

I can't imagine there would be a significant difference..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada