Anyone used Leadtek 6800GT in SLi

As header, want to go SLi mode in the MSI platinum board, but I'm looking at
the space available, and think its a bit tight for two Leadtek 6800 GT's.
Has anyone tried this card in SLi , and if so, what were the results.
Cheers
Helinut

"Helinut" <helinutSPAMTRAP@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> As header, want to go SLi mode in the MSI platinum board, but I'm looking
> at the space available, and think its a bit tight for two Leadtek 6800
> GT's.
> Has anyone tried this card in SLi , and if so, what were the results.
> Cheers
> Helinut

Just buy two 6800GT and try it.

Well obviously thats an option, however, as I said, I'm not sure if theres
room, and I want to save myself the cost of returning the card if it doesnt
fit.
Cheers
Helinut

> Well obviously thats an option, however, as I said, I'm not sure if theres
> room, and I want to save myself the cost of returning the card if it
> doesnt fit.

Why not get the Asus board?...that's proven to run and have space for said
cards.

Cause I allready have the MSI Neo Platinum : )

> "Helinut" <helinutSPAMTRAP@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Well obviously thats an option, however, as I said, I'm not sure if
>> theres room, and I want to save myself the cost of returning the card if
>> it doesnt fit.
>
> Why not get the Asus board?...that's proven to run and have space for said
> cards.

The Leadtek 6800GT fits inside the standard "two-slot" envelope. Thus, two
of them will fit on the MSI board, but things will be tight and airflow to
the top card will suffer.

If you are spending that much, though, pick up a $30 NV Silencer for the top
card. The NV Silencer fan protrudes over the outline of the PCB, so it can
get air. The hot air is exhausted directly out of the case.

"Helinut" <helinutSPAMTRAP@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> As header, want to go SLi mode in the MSI platinum board, but I'm looking
> at the space available, and think its a bit tight for two Leadtek 6800
> GT's.
> Has anyone tried this card in SLi , and if so, what were the results.
> Cheers
> Helinut

The MSI board has integrated SBLive 24-bit audio, sufficiently powerful to
eliminate the need for a separate sound card. :)