fx 5950 drivers needed

peter

hi all,

just recemtly i bought a nvidia gforce fx 5950 ultra card off a friend.
but it did'nt have the cd with it.

i know you can download the latest drivers from the web site, but my card
dose'nt
seem to run right at all.

will anyone of you kind people out who have a nvidia gforce fx 5950 ultra
there be willing to help a dude out.

i cant seem to find the drivers on the net that actually are for the card
(the one off the cd)

could someone please send me the drivers that came off the cd to me. or if
anyone can, an image of the cd.

please email me at nuggnu@hotmail.com if you can help

thanks in advance

nuggnu

"peter" <melligan@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> hi all,
>

> just recemtly i bought a nvidia gforce fx 5950 ultra card off a
> friend. but it did'nt have the cd with it.
>
> i know you can download the latest drivers from the web site, but my
> card dose'nt
> seem to run right at all.

You allowed Windows to install the driver for it, didn't you?

> will anyone of you kind people out who have a nvidia gforce fx 5950
> ultra there be willing to help a dude out.

Sure. Lots of us here in the ng would be glad to *help*. But that
might not be exactly what your words are asking for. Because that is
very likely not what's needed to help get the card running right.

> i cant seem to find the drivers on the net that actually are for the
> card (the one off the cd)

What *brand* of FX5959U is this? If it is PNY I can tell you straight
off to get the drivers from nVidias site.

> could someone please send me the drivers that came off the cd to me.
> or if anyone can, an image of the cd.

Not possible yet. Nobody but you knows what brand and model of card it
is you have. Perhaps you're thinking of the extra software that comes
bundled with some vid cards?

> please email me at nuggnu@hotmail.com if you can help

Normally folks in usenet newsgroups like this one will answer requests
in the newsgroup and not in private email, for a couple of reasons. One
important thing is that if the problem is solved then others may benefit
from the knowledge if its in the newsgroups posts. But not if in email.

> thanks in advance

You're welcome right now :)

> nuggnu

Until the cooling fan quit (card still works fine), I used a PNY
FX5900-128 and it ran great with nvidia driver set versions 53.03,
61.77, and 67.02. I played several of the later 3D games with it like
Far Cry, Doom3 and some Half-Life 2 before the fan quit and I simply
took it out to keep the card from overheating. I then used a PNY GF4
Ti4600-128 (with the same driver sets) until I got a 6800, and now a
6800 GT. These cards all did well with the driver sets and games
mentioned, in XP Pro SP2.
My own experience is that the manufacturers driver sets that the card
comes with are not the best drivers for the cards. PNY uses only the
nVidia sites drivers BTW. The nVidia Unified sets are for all nVidia
based cards from TnT to current.

There are also a number of other things to look at that can cause a card
to "not run right at all". More information is needed for any of us to
help you.

What computer, motherboard, chipset, operating system and brand/version
of FX5950U. that would be a good start.

Regards,
McG.

"peter" <melligan@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> hi all,
>

> just recemtly i bought a nvidia gforce fx 5950 ultra card off a friend.
> but it did'nt have the cd with it.
>
> i know you can download the latest drivers from the web site, but my card
> dose'nt
> seem to run right at all.
>
> will anyone of you kind people out who have a nvidia gforce fx 5950 ultra
> there be willing to help a dude out.
>
> i cant seem to find the drivers on the net that actually are for the card
> (the one off the cd)
>
> could someone please send me the drivers that came off the cd to me. or if
> anyone can, an image of the cd.
>
> please email me at nuggnu@hotmail.com if you can help
>
> thanks in advance
>
> nuggnu