update firmware?

Vin

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2003

Hi all, anyone know where i could find firmwares to update my generic ti4200
8x?

Vin

Unlike motherboards or CD burners, video card firmware do not need to be
updated.

"Vin" <vin@adinet.com.uy> wrote in message
> Hi all, anyone know where i could find firmwares to update my generic
> ti4200
> 8x?
>
> Vin

There are NO firmware updates for that card; just driver updates. For best
stability and image quality you should be using the 45.23 driver.

--
DaveW

First of One wrote:
> Unlike motherboards or CD burners, video card firmware do not need to
> be updated.

Nothing prevents you from doing that, its a common trick for enabling more
pipes, other default speeds for ram & gpu.

However in this case, i would rather ask why he wants to do it , if there is
an actual problem its worth investigating, but if its for "update and
maintenance" of the pc, skip it.

DaveW wrote:
> There are NO firmware updates for that card; just driver updates. For best
> stability and image quality you should be using the 45.23 driver.

Why in God's name would you run that old driver on a Ti4200?

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Ha ha.

DaveL

"Robert Hancock" <hancockr@nospamshaw.ca> wrote in message
> DaveW wrote:
>> There are NO firmware updates for that card; just driver updates. For
>> best stability and image quality you should be using the 45.23 driver.
>
> Why in God's name would you run that old driver on a Ti4200?
>
> --
> Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
> To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@nospamshaw.ca
> Home Page: http://www.roberthancock.com/

Vin

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2003

I´ve got no problem at all with my card.

I though could be an improvement or something! :)

But i will follow you advise, i will forget about it!
Thanks all for your answers!

Vin