Does X86 = Pentium 3 ?

I have a Gateway Solo 9300 with a "intel inside Pentium !!!" (three
exclamation marks) bought in 2001. The system summary describes the
processor as "x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~ 795 Mhz"

Is that the description of a Pentium 3 ?

Thanks.

Sounds good to me. Newer versions of Windows do a more accurate and complete
job of identifying the CPU. Intel has a free download of a program called
CPUID... Ben Myers