Problem with Windows 7

Hello,
I have an ASUS p6t Deluxe V2 with Windows 7 64bit. The system randomly freezes and kills USB power. Any ideas?
Thanks Andy
2 answers Last reply
More about problem windows
  1. Could be any number of things. Please post the list of your system components, with the makes and model numbers, and the trouble-shooting procedures you've already done, and the results.
  2. Sorry for the vague request. I was frustrated.

Asus P6T Deluxe V2
    Intel i7 975
    Antec 1200 case
    PNY Nvidia GTX 295
    OCZ 60 GB SSD
    4X Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 in RAID 5
    LG BlueRay
    Lite-On DL-DVDR
    Windows 7 64Bit

You will notice RAM is not listed.....

I would leave the system come back and the the USB would be dead until I powered down and back up, sometimes overnight sometimes it would take two nights. I had it happen once while I was at the keyboard. All I was doing was running 7Zip. Other times, I ripped full DVD moves to HD with no problems. Hitting the reset button did not restore the USB power I had to power completely off and back on. I was seeing DVD-ROM mount errors in the system logs so I upgraded all firmware and still had the same issue.

On one reboot, I notice that my RAM had dropped form 6GB to 4GB which is the point I realized that my memory was junk and had to go. I'll updated tonight after I install the new memory. I feel like such an ass because I had the same problem the last time I built a system.

Thanks,
    -Andy
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Asus Windows 7 USB