Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Difference between 6200 AGP, and 6600 AGP

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 12:07:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I've been looking at different AGP versions of the 6200, and
6600 standard cards. Newegg has some decent prices on their cards.
They have a Rosewill "R6600-256D" GF 6600 for $140.00, and a Leadtek
"A6200 128 TD" GF 6200 for $121.00. From what I've read, the
difference between the two is that the 6200 has only 4 pipelines
activated, while the 6600 has 8, but accourding to the specs at
newegg.com, and at the manfacture's website, the 6200 has it's memory
clocked 50Mhz (550Mhz) higher than the 6600's (500Mhz).
The reviews from Newegg's customers said that you can unlock
the other 4 piplines. It would seem that you would have a card that is
a 6600, even if you don't overclock the GPU, and Memory. Is there any
differences bewteen the cards other than the 4 pipelines that would
keep the 6200 from running as fast as the 6600?
I'm running a GF4 Ti4400 now. Are there any reviews that show
how a 6200 compares to it?

More about : difference 6200 agp 6600 agp

April 14, 2005 11:28:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

6200 softmod will bring it jsut over 9800xt speeds.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=877533

"Larry Roberts" <skin-e@juno.com> wrote in message
news:ib5q515kjuie9ig8lj7fpl2esc5rn0eb6b@4ax.com...
> I've been looking at different AGP versions of the 6200, and
> 6600 standard cards. Newegg has some decent prices on their cards.
> They have a Rosewill "R6600-256D" GF 6600 for $140.00, and a Leadtek
> "A6200 128 TD" GF 6200 for $121.00. From what I've read, the
> difference between the two is that the 6200 has only 4 pipelines
> activated, while the 6600 has 8, but accourding to the specs at
> newegg.com, and at the manfacture's website, the 6200 has it's memory
> clocked 50Mhz (550Mhz) higher than the 6600's (500Mhz).
> The reviews from Newegg's customers said that you can unlock
> the other 4 piplines. It would seem that you would have a card that is
> a 6600, even if you don't overclock the GPU, and Memory. Is there any
> differences bewteen the cards other than the 4 pipelines that would
> keep the 6200 from running as fast as the 6600?
> I'm running a GF4 Ti4400 now. Are there any reviews that show
> how a 6200 compares to it?
April 15, 2005 10:18:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

6200 looks like an excellent value buy. I wonder if it is compatible with
SLI?

"raj" <rajiv01@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:gYo7e.1008165$6l.450081@pd7tw2no...
> 6200 softmod will bring it jsut over 9800xt speeds.
>
> http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=877533
>
> "Larry Roberts" <skin-e@juno.com> wrote in message
> news:ib5q515kjuie9ig8lj7fpl2esc5rn0eb6b@4ax.com...
>> I've been looking at different AGP versions of the 6200, and
>> 6600 standard cards. Newegg has some decent prices on their cards.
>> They have a Rosewill "R6600-256D" GF 6600 for $140.00, and a Leadtek
>> "A6200 128 TD" GF 6200 for $121.00. From what I've read, the
>> difference between the two is that the 6200 has only 4 pipelines
>> activated, while the 6600 has 8, but accourding to the specs at
>> newegg.com, and at the manfacture's website, the 6200 has it's memory
>> clocked 50Mhz (550Mhz) higher than the 6600's (500Mhz).
>> The reviews from Newegg's customers said that you can unlock
>> the other 4 piplines. It would seem that you would have a card that is
>> a 6600, even if you don't overclock the GPU, and Memory. Is there any
>> differences bewteen the cards other than the 4 pipelines that would
>> keep the 6200 from running as fast as the 6600?
>> I'm running a GF4 Ti4400 now. Are there any reviews that show
>> how a 6200 compares to it?
>
>
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 1:11:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 06:18:41 -0700, "Wookie" <Tom@comcast.net> wrote:

>6200 looks like an excellent value buy. I wonder if it is compatible with
>SLI?
>
>

No. I don't think they are even manufactured with the SLI
connector. Not sure, but I think only the 6800 Ultra, 6800 GT, 6800, &
6600 GT support SLI.
!