2 squares left :-(

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

I have two tiny purple squares left to get on the territories. One is the
Jefferson Hotel and another is down the road somewhere. I can't get these.
There are never any Purple Ballas around. If I climb up the stairs to the
top of the hotel loads of Ballas enter the road, I quickly go down and shoot
them but I never get that message that I have provoked a gang war.
Its really infuriating me.

Beck wrote:
> I have two tiny purple squares left to get on the territories. One is the
> Jefferson Hotel and another is down the road somewhere. I can't get these.
> There are never any Purple Ballas around. If I climb up the stairs to the
> top of the hotel loads of Ballas enter the road, I quickly go down and shoot
> them but I never get that message that I have provoked a gang war.
> Its really infuriating me.

I've found that it only matters where you are standing, not where the
opposition is standing. As long as you are in the purple area, then you
can shoot enemy gang members that are in an adjacent area and still
provoke the gang war.
If, when you are on the roof, a bunch of Ballas appear below and you
are in the purple area, shoot 'em from where you are.

"Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message
> I have two tiny purple squares left to get on the territories. One is the
> Jefferson Hotel and another is down the road somewhere. I can't get
these.
> There are never any Purple Ballas around. If I climb up the stairs to the
> top of the hotel loads of Ballas enter the road, I quickly go down and
shoot
> them but I never get that message that I have provoked a gang war.
> Its really infuriating me.

Just shoot them. Or better yet, serve them a few cocktails from the roof.
Things will heat up.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Vandar wrote:
> Beck wrote:
>> I have two tiny purple squares left to get on the territories. One
>> is the Jefferson Hotel and another is down the road somewhere. I
>> can't get these. There are never any Purple Ballas around. If I
>> climb up the stairs to the top of the hotel loads of Ballas enter
>> the road, I quickly go down and shoot them but I never get that
>> message that I have provoked a gang war.
>> Its really infuriating me.
>
> I've found that it only matters where you are standing, not where the
> opposition is standing. As long as you are in the purple area, then
> you can shoot enemy gang members that are in an adjacent area and
> still provoke the gang war.
> If, when you are on the roof, a bunch of Ballas appear below and you
> are in the purple area, shoot 'em from where you are.

Thankyou both, I got them in the end. Sad to see I got nothing for it and
not even a message but nevermind eh.

Is it better to beat them back to 1 territory per gang?

Beating everyone is sorta boring.

T.

I have left them one territory each. I might let them spread a bit.

Phil Hibbs.

I suspect they probably can't. It might take me a while to find out.
Easier would be to go back to a game that is right at the start of the
gang wars and just let them take over.

Phil Hibbs.

They can be useful for spotting Ballas in a car and dragging them out
so you can shoot them.

Phil Hibbs.

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:22:19 +0100, "Beck"
<my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote:

>I have two tiny purple squares left to get on the territories. One is the
>Jefferson Hotel and another is down the road somewhere. I can't get these.
>There are never any Purple Ballas around. If I climb up the stairs to the
>top of the hotel loads of Ballas enter the road, I quickly go down and shoot
>them but I never get that message that I have provoked a gang war.
>Its really infuriating me.

If you shoot them on the pavement it does not count to starting the
war.

Best thing to do is run at them and punch a couple of them to get them
to chase you. Then run into the middle of the zone you need to start
the war, turn round and shoot them, it took me a while to figure this
out

adcb wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:22:19 +0100, "Beck"
> <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote:
>
> >I have two tiny purple squares left to get on the territories. One is the
> >Jefferson Hotel and another is down the road somewhere. I can't get these.
> >There are never any Purple Ballas around. If I climb up the stairs to the
> >top of the hotel loads of Ballas enter the road, I quickly go down and shoot
> >them but I never get that message that I have provoked a gang war.
> >Its really infuriating me.
> >

> If you shoot them on the pavement it does not count to starting the
> war.
>
> Best thing to do is run at them and punch a couple of them to get them
> to chase you. Then run into the middle of the zone you need to start
> the war, turn round and shoot them, it took me a while to figure this
> out

this is also one of the good times to have homies as they often pick a
fight with them when they're in cars and you miss them driving by
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

tlai909@visto.com wrote:

> Is it better to beat them back to 1 territory per gang?
>
> Beating everyone is sorta boring.
>
> T.

I don't even go that far :O)
--

Paul Heslop wrote:

> this is also one of the good times to have homies as they often pick a
> fight with them when they're in cars and you miss them driving by

It was the homies that were partially ruining it for me. There would be 4-5
ballas and the homies walking around would shoot them before I had a chance
to do anything.

Beck wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
>

> > this is also one of the good times to have homies as they often pick a
> > fight with them when they're in cars and you miss them driving by
>
> It was the homies that were partially ruining it for me. There would be 4-5
> ballas and the homies walking around would shoot them before I had a chance
> to do anything.

they can do that which is why i don't normally take them, but
sometimes if nothing is happening I drag them along to see if it helps
--

snark wrote:

> I have left them one territory each. I might let them spread a bit.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

what happens if they take grove street?
--

snark wrote:

> I suspect they probably can't. It might take me a while to find out.
> Easier would be to go back to a game that is right at the start of the
> gang wars and just let them take over.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

I have a feeling they stay clear
--

snark wrote:

> They can be useful for spotting Ballas in a car and dragging them out
> so you can shoot them.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

yup