Requesting Quad video card recommendations.

I wish to use 4 12" bloomberg lcd display on my older desktop.
A Tyan 1863 dual processor board.
Is there an older model quad vga output video card?
I do not game, just lots of text display with some video.
Any suggestions welcome!
Thanks,
Frank.

--

Woodsy,
Off the Grid, Off the Road, Off my Rocker...

Woodsy wrote:

> I wish to use 4 12" bloomberg lcd display on my older desktop.
> A Tyan 1863 dual processor board.
> Is there an older model quad vga output video card?
> I do not game, just lots of text display with some video.
> Any suggestions welcome!

Check the Matrox site.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 22:22:55 -0400, Woodsy <Woods@ymadbbs.com> wrote:

>I wish to use 4 12" bloomberg lcd display on my older desktop.
>A Tyan 1863 dual processor board.
>Is there an older model quad vga output video card?
>I do not game, just lots of text display with some video.
>Any suggestions welcome!
>Thanks,
>Frank.

I seen this on eBay. If your not looking for new, maybe it
would work for you.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3762&item=5185810865

This is the first quad card I ever seen. I'd guess there are others as
well though, and may be better.

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:30:53 -0500, Larry Roberts <skin-e@juno.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 22:22:55 -0400, Woodsy <Woods@ymadbbs.com> wrote:
>
>>I wish to use 4 12" bloomberg lcd display on my older desktop.
>>A Tyan 1863 dual processor board.
>>Is there an older model quad vga output video card?
>>I do not game, just lots of text display with some video.
>>Any suggestions welcome!
>>Thanks,
>>Frank.
>
> I seen this on eBay. If your not looking for new, maybe it
>would work for you.
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3762&item=5185810865
>
>This is the first quad card I ever seen. I'd guess there are others as
>well though, and may be better.

This is in my watch list, does the pic look like an AGP card?
Text says PCI. Time for a question!

--

Woodsy wrote:

>> I seen this on eBay. If your not looking for new, maybe it
>> would work for you.
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3762&item=5185810865
>>
>> This is the first quad card I ever seen.

There are more, like the Matrox G200 4-head version or the Appian
Geronimo...

> I'd guess there are others
>> as well though, and may be better.
>
> This is in my watch list, does the pic look like an AGP card?

No. The pic is definitely PCI...

Benjamin

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:06:35 +0200, "Benjamin Gawert" <bgawert@gmx.de>
wrote:

>Woodsy wrote:
>
>>> I seen this on eBay. If your not looking for new, maybe it
>>> would work for you.
>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3762&item=5185810865
>>>
>>> This is the first quad card I ever seen.
>
>There are more, like the Matrox G200 4-head version or the Appian
>Geronimo...

I am running an nvidea vanta and Jeronimo 2000 pci now.
and the Matrox G200 I bought today on eBay.

>> I'd guess there are others
>>> as well though, and may be better.
>>
>> This is in my watch list, does the pic look like an AGP card?
>
>No. The pic is definitely PCI...

a cup of coffee later, it looked a lot less like an AGP card!

>Benjamin

now the big question, will it run the vga lcd's.
permedia3 based J2K loves them.
Appian (radeon ve) Hurricane's both AGP and PCI did not, would drive
one or one and a CRT but not both.