Geforce 6200 with DVI-VGA Adapter

Sharp

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2004

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has or knows of a particular brand Geforce 6200
that comes bundled with a DVI-VGA Adapter - I don't have a DVI monitor.

Cheers
Sharp

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 07:30:18 GMT, "Sharp" <Sharp@SharpAddress.com>
wrote:

>Hi
>
>Just wondering if anyone has or knows of a particular brand Geforce 6200
>that comes bundled with a DVI-VGA Adapter - I don't have a DVI monitor.
>
>Cheers
>Sharp

Have you looked at Newegg.com. All the 128bit memory bus 6200
cards I've looked at there have DVI, & VGA connectos on the card. If
you have a PCI-E slot, you can get one for under $100.00, or an AGP
version of the card for about $20.00 more.

Andrew

wrote:

>Just wondering if anyone has or knows of a particular brand Geforce 6200
>that comes bundled with a DVI-VGA Adapter - I don't have a DVI monitor.

Probably most of them do, the last three video cards I have bought all
have them bundled.

Sharp

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2004

> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 07:30:18 GMT, "Sharp" <Sharp@SharpAddress.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >Just wondering if anyone has or knows of a particular brand Geforce 6200
> >that comes bundled with a DVI-VGA Adapter - I don't have a DVI monitor.
> >
> >Cheers
> >Sharp
> >

> Have you looked at Newegg.com. All the 128bit memory bus 6200
> cards I've looked at there have DVI, & VGA connectos on the card. If
> you have a PCI-E slot, you can get one for under $100.00, or an AGP
> version of the card for about $20.00 more.

I assume the AGP cards are dearer than PCI-X because of the extra cost of
the bundled DVI-VGA adapter.

Cheers
Sharp

Sharp wrote:

>> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 07:30:18 GMT, "Sharp" <Sharp@SharpAddress.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi
>> >
>> >Just wondering if anyone has or knows of a particular brand Geforce 6200
>> >that comes bundled with a DVI-VGA Adapter - I don't have a DVI monitor.
>> >
>> >Cheers
>> >Sharp
>> >

>> Have you looked at Newegg.com. All the 128bit memory bus 6200
>> cards I've looked at there have DVI, & VGA connectos on the card. If
>> you have a PCI-E slot, you can get one for under $100.00, or an AGP
>> version of the card for about $20.00 more.
>
> I assume the AGP cards are dearer than PCI-X because of the extra cost of
> the bundled DVI-VGA adapter.

(a) It is PCI-E, _not_ PCI-_X_. PCI-X is a 64-bit 66+ MHz version of PCI
that is very different from PCI Express. The issue is confused further
because one manufacturer has adopted "PCX" as a brand name for their PCI-E
products.

(b) The price difference between the cheapest PCI-E 6200 and the cheapest
AGP 1600 at newegg is $9, both have DVI and VGA outputs, neither has an
adapter. One would presume that the price difference reflected the
presence of a PCI Express to AGP bridge chip.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

>(b) The price difference between the cheapest PCI-E 6200 and the cheapest
>AGP 1600 at newegg is $9, both have DVI and VGA outputs, neither has an
>adapter. One would presume that the price difference reflected the
>presence of a PCI Express to AGP bridge chip.
>

>> Cheers
>> Sharp

I was comparing the non-turbo cache 128-bit PCI-E, and the
128-bit AGP versions. The cheapest AGP version they have doesn't
advertise it's memory bandwidth, but if you read the customer reviews
of it, you see that it is a 64-bit card, and so problably is no better
than a FX 5200. I wouldn't waste my time with either of the 64-bit AGP
cards, or the 32-bit, & 64-bit Turbo Cache PCI-E versions.

Sharp

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2004

> >(b) The price difference between the cheapest PCI-E 6200 and the cheapest
> >AGP 1600 at newegg is $9, both have DVI and VGA outputs, neither has an
> >adapter. One would presume that the price difference reflected the
> >presence of a PCI Express to AGP bridge chip.
> >

> >> Cheers
> >> Sharp
>
> I was comparing the non-turbo cache 128-bit PCI-E, and the
> 128-bit AGP versions. The cheapest AGP version they have doesn't
> advertise it's memory bandwidth, but if you read the customer reviews
> of it, you see that it is a 64-bit card, and so problably is no better
> than a FX 5200. I wouldn't waste my time with either of the 64-bit AGP
> cards, or the 32-bit, & 64-bit Turbo Cache PCI-E versions.

I have an 8X AGP slot.
How can I tell if its supports the 128bit AGP 6200?

Cheers
Sharp

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 04:18:04 GMT, "Sharp" <Sharp@SharpAddress.com>
wrote:

>> >(b) The price difference between the cheapest PCI-E 6200 and the cheapest
>> >AGP 1600 at newegg is $9, both have DVI and VGA outputs, neither has an
>> >adapter. One would presume that the price difference reflected the
>> >presence of a PCI Express to AGP bridge chip.

>> I was comparing the non-turbo cache 128-bit PCI-E, and the
>> 128-bit AGP versions. The cheapest AGP version they have doesn't
>> advertise it's memory bandwidth, but if you read the customer reviews
>> of it, you see that it is a 64-bit card, and so problably is no better
>> than a FX 5200. I wouldn't waste my time with either of the 64-bit AGP
>> cards, or the 32-bit, & 64-bit Turbo Cache PCI-E versions.
>
>I have an 8X AGP slot.
>How can I tell if its supports the 128bit AGP 6200?
>
>Cheers
>Sharp

It will support either the 64bit, or the 128bit. This is the
memory bus size. The 64bit is only half the bandwidth of the 128bit,
and will get you less performance. There are also 64bit versions of
the 6600 standard cards too, so make sure you steer clear of them as
well.