BFG 6600 GT

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 15, 2005 8:36:59 AM

Hi
I'm looking at getting the 6600GT because ...I,m thinking this is the most
bang for my buck. My old card is an ATI 9200. I'm not a serious gamer yet,
but getting there.

My question is that I've read alot so far about different providers but
since I'm fairly new around here, I haven't seen alot about BFG and their
6600GT. They seem to have a great product here.
Any opinions would be appreciated.

More about : bfg 6600

Anonymous
April 15, 2005 2:24:54 PM

In article <LxH7e.1017554$8l.551007@pd7tw1no>, Vandale says...
> Hi
> I'm looking at getting the 6600GT because ...I,m thinking this is the most
> bang for my buck. My old card is an ATI 9200. I'm not a serious gamer yet,
> but getting there.
>
> My question is that I've read alot so far about different providers but
> since I'm fairly new around here, I haven't seen alot about BFG and their
> 6600GT. They seem to have a great product here.
> Any opinions would be appreciated.

Avoid the XFX. It appears to have been overclocked out of the box and
people are reporting stability issues.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.
April 15, 2005 9:14:50 PM

sir are you on crack, I own a BFG 6800GT OC, OC means it comes overclock out
of the box with a Life time warranty, BFG has been well know for thier fast
RMA and 24/7 tech support, never had any stabilty issue, BFG makes thier
video cards with only high end parts, and FYI XFX is company from Pine..
they have nothing to do with BFG!

> Avoid the XFX. It appears to have been overclocked out of the box and
> people are reporting stability issues.
>

> --
> Conor
>
> "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.
April 16, 2005 2:35:06 AM

I think you missed his point. He wasn't equating BFG and XFX, he just siad
to avoid XFX. BTW, BFG have an excellent reputation.

"raj" <rajiv01@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> sir are you on crack, I own a BFG 6800GT OC, OC means it comes overclock
out
> of the box with a Life time warranty, BFG has been well know for thier
fast
> RMA and 24/7 tech support, never had any stabilty issue, BFG makes thier
> video cards with only high end parts, and FYI XFX is company from Pine..
> they have nothing to do with BFG!
>

> > Avoid the XFX. It appears to have been overclocked out of the box and
> > people are reporting stability issues.
> >

> > --
> > Conor
> >
> > "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 3:27:39 AM

So, should we avoid XFX ?

Tal

"raj" <rajiv01@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> sir are you on crack, I own a BFG 6800GT OC, OC means it comes overclock
> out of the box with a Life time warranty, BFG has been well know for thier
> fast RMA and 24/7 tech support, never had any stabilty issue, BFG makes
> thier video cards with only high end parts, and FYI XFX is company from
> Pine.. they have nothing to do with BFG!
>

>> Avoid the XFX. It appears to have been overclocked out of the box and
>> people are reporting stability issues.
>>

>> --
>> Conor
>>
>> "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 12:49:59 PM

I'm considering buying a 6600GT card.
XFX has nice prices. If they should be avoid I'll look for another one.

Tal

"dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>I think you missed his point. He wasn't equating BFG and XFX, he just siad
> to avoid XFX. BTW, BFG have an excellent reputation.
>
> "raj" <rajiv01@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> sir are you on crack, I own a BFG 6800GT OC, OC means it comes overclock
> out
>> of the box with a Life time warranty, BFG has been well know for thier
> fast
>> RMA and 24/7 tech support, never had any stabilty issue, BFG makes thier
>> video cards with only high end parts, and FYI XFX is company from
>> Pine..
>> they have nothing to do with BFG!
>>

>> > Avoid the XFX. It appears to have been overclocked out of the box and
>> > people are reporting stability issues.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Conor
>> >
>> > "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 6:12:43 PM

In article <ukX7e.585223$w62.457815@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, says...
> I think you missed his point. He wasn't equating BFG and XFX, he just siad
> to avoid XFX. BTW, BFG have an excellent reputation.

Absolutely an I am aware of the BFG OC range. Difference between the
BFGOC and XFX is the BFG OC have far superior RAM and cooling
solutions.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 9:30:05 PM

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:24:54 +0100, Conor Turton
<conor@conorturton.com> wrote:

>Avoid the XFX. It appears to have been overclocked out of the box

as has the BFG

>people are reporting stability issues.

Rock solid here.

--
Cheers,

Guy

May 5, 2005 5:22:24 PM

In article <426023fa$1@news.bezeqint.net>,
Tal Fuchs <fuchs_t@bezeqint.net> wrote:
#So, should we avoid XFX ?

Yes, but not for the reason given. XFX's 6600GT AGP runs at 500MHz/1GHz
instead of the nVIDIA reference 500/900MHz, but 500/1 is just the
reference speed for the PCI-E version. Perhaps they have an OC version
too, but mine is using DDR3 rated for the 1GHz, it just rans the same as
the PCI-E version, so I wouldn't call it OC per se.

The reason you should avoid an XFX 6600GT AGP is 1.) the fans always go
bad, and 2.) company support is AWOL. I wrote their customer support a
message about my fan going bad and RMA procedures and never got a
response. Finally I just bought an aftermarket fan for it.

Other than the fan going bad, it has been a good, stable, high performing
card.

Ken.
Mail: kmarsh at charm dot net | Just say "no" to liars SCO and Soyo
WWW: http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | Return services to local CIS offices!