Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

I'm upto the final story mission where it is useful to be fire-proof. I
understand you need to get to level 12 of the fire truck missions to
become fire-proof. Are there degrees of fire-proof? I've got to level 9!

Cheers
Jimbo

"Jimbo" <jimbo@notexist.domain.com> wrote in message
> I'm upto the final story mission where it is useful to be fire-proof. I
> understand you need to get to level 12 of the fire truck missions to
> become fire-proof. Are there degrees of fire-proof? I've got to level 9!

I don't thing there are degrees. All or nothing. Give it another shot.
The SA fire mission is fairly easy (and can be fun, unlike the nightmare in
VC) -- but you can have some bad luck on any particular try. You'll see.
Suddenly, you'll have an easy run.

I know it's too late for you, but I advise doing the fire mission early in
the game. It helps with Burning Desire, too, and any time you're just
running around causing trouble and there's fire. (It also nets you about
$50K, which is very nice in the beginning.)

--cleve

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 23:27:39 +0000 (UTC), Jimbo
<jimbo@notexist.domain.com> wrote:

>I'm upto the final story mission where it is useful to be fire-proof. I
>understand you need to get to level 12 of the fire truck missions to
>become fire-proof. Are there degrees of fire-proof? I've got to level 9!
>
>Cheers
>Jimbo

Get to level 12.
Angel Pine, or Bone County.
Once you get the hang of the truck, it's easy.
Angel Pine is limited areas, easy, but there are cliff possibilities.
Bone County desert areas are as limited, but know the area. makes it
easier. Like the SA Rhino Tank, the cornering brake system has been
improved since Vice City. So go for it, it's totally worth it.
-§ynch

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

§ynchronizer wrote:
>>I'm upto the final story mission where it is useful to be fire-proof. I
>>understand you need to get to level 12 of the fire truck missions to
>>become fire-proof. Are there degrees of fire-proof? I've got to level 9!
>>
> Get to level 12.
> Angel Pine, or Bone County.

Ta. I've tried in San Fierro and Whetstone but both times have been
scuppered by people jumping off cliffs :)

I'll shall try again

Cheers
Jimbo

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

Jimbo wrote:
> §ynchronizer wrote:
>
>>> I'm upto the final story mission where it is useful to be fire-proof.
>>> I understand you need to get to level 12 of the fire truck missions
>>> to become fire-proof. Are there degrees of fire-proof? I've got to
>>> level 9!
>>>
>> Get to level 12.
> Ta. I've tried in San Fierro and Whetstone but both times have been
> scuppered by people jumping off cliffs :)

In the end its taken me less time to complete the last mission than I
have spent trying to get to level 12 of the fire missions :)

Jimbo