beefy baron mission?

What is this mission? I read of a 100% completion list that this is not
required, but what is it?
14 answers Last reply
More about beefy baron mission

    Beck wrote:
    > What is this mission? I read of a 100% completion list that this is not
    > required, but what is it?

    It's available in Zero's RC shop. You fly the model bi-plane and try to
    shoot Berkeley's vans. There's no completion to it, it's just a see how
    many you can shoot challenge.

    Jimbo wrote:
    > Beck wrote:
    >> What is this mission? I read of a 100% completion list that this is
    >> not required, but what is it?
    >>

    > It's available in Zero's RC shop. You fly the model bi-plane and try
    > to shoot Berkeley's vans. There's no completion to it, it's just a
    > see how many you can shoot challenge.

    Damn. Won't get to see that then as I cannot do the Zero missions

    On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:12:24 +0000 (UTC), Jimbo
    <jimbo@notexist.domain.com> wrote:

    >Beck wrote:
    >> What is this mission? I read of a 100% completion list that this is not
    >> required, but what is it?
    >>

    >It's available in Zero's RC shop. You fly the model bi-plane and try to
    >shoot Berkeley's vans. There's no completion to it, it's just a see how
    >many you can shoot challenge.

    I haven't been able to get more than 28.
    My friend peaked at 32.
    It's fun, more like the RC missions in GTAlll.
    Thankfully, the RC Plane cannot burnup
    in Beefy Baron. (Located in rear of the shop).
    When I started doing it I almost ran into those
    Infra-red goggles.

    I wish New Model Army was re-playable as Beefy Baron.
    That mission kicked ass!

    Funny how Zero's missions went from hardest to easiest.
    -§ynch

    "§ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:12:24 +0000 (UTC), Jimbo
    >
    > I haven't been able to get more than 28.
    > My friend peaked at 32.

    My record is 0.

    I chase folks down the streets, take it to that glass-covered mall in the
    south and attack the ends with all the people and those destructible tables,
    take it into the train station and unload, fly low over the beach and mow
    down the terrorized beachcombers. You know. The usual.

    --cleve
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    LOL! That misson sounds like fun. I never tried it, I didn't look in
    the back of Zero's after doing his missions.

    Phil Hibbs.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Are there any other "Big Fun Van"-style missions in SA?

    Phil Hibbs.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <1124814717.073761.207570@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
    "snark" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote:

    > Are there any other "Big Fun Van"-style missions in SA?

    You mean 'RC Toyz' (GTAIII) or 'Top Fun' (VC)?

    I don't think there are any, although I do remember seeing an early
    preview for SA in a magazine that said that "All our favourite missions
    will be making a re-appearance".

    I really miss the Off-Road missions. Something as annoying as the
    'Patriot Playground' or 'Gripped!' missions would have been nice.

    Cheers,
    Rob
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

    > I really miss the Off-Road missions. Something as annoying as the
    > 'Patriot Playground' or 'Gripped!' missions would have been nice.

    I never cared much for those. Is Gripped one of the "bubble chases" from
    GTA3? If so, it's one of the things that prevented me from getting 100% in
    that game.

    And I was just thinking the other night, when I was doing some Vigilante for
    fun: here's something I don't miss from VC: spike strips. Hated those
    things. Good riddence.

    --cleve
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    I absolutely loved that Big Fun mission in VC (can't remember the name)
    where you have to bomb the escaping dealer boats.

    I'd actually say that was one of my favorite missions in all of VC.

    It's this kind of fun stuff that's seriously lacking in SA. I actually
    found most SA missions to be more chores than fun. Ho-hum...
    = /
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On 23 Aug 2005 09:31:57 -0700, "snark" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote:

    >Are there any other "Big Fun Van"-style missions in SA?
    >
    >Phil Hibbs.

    No RC Missions, other than Beefy Baron.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On 24 Aug 2005 02:02:16 -0700, "Class 1" <Class1@fastmail.fm> wrote:

    >I absolutely loved that Big Fun mission in VC (can't remember the name)
    >where you have to bomb the escaping dealer boats.
    >
    >I'd actually say that was one of my favorite missions in all of VC.

    I'd say it was one of my least favourite.

    >It's this kind of fun stuff that's seriously lacking in SA. I actually
    >found most SA missions to be more chores than fun. Ho-hum...

    Each to their own, I am enjoying it.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <ZcNOe.36181$Ji4.12751@fed1read03>
    "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:

    > I never cared much for those. Is Gripped one of the "bubble chases" from
    > GTA3? If so, it's one of the things that prevented me from getting 100% in
    > that game.

    'Gripped!' was the fiendishly difficult off-road mission you get in
    Shoreside Vale at the picnic spot (Near Witchita Gardens). I'm not
    joking - this mission took me in excess of 50 tries. There was also a
    few occasions where instead of hitting the top of the bridge for the
    last bubble I flew over the dodgy collision detection and into the
    blocked off tunnel before falling into blue-hell. Occasionally the
    Patriot would survive, but I'd run out of time trying to get back on
    that blasted steep hill. Aaaargh!

    > And I was just thinking the other night, when I was doing some Vigilante for
    > fun: here's something I don't miss from VC: spike strips. Hated those
    > things. Good riddence.

    I wish they'd included them to be honest. Maybe it's the new driving
    skill stat but the cars seem to be easier to control in SA when you've
    got at least one popped tyre.

    Cheers,
    Rob
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    > In message <ZcNOe.36181$Ji4.12751@fed1read03>
    > "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:
    >
    >> I never cared much for those. Is Gripped one of the "bubble chases" from
    >> GTA3? If so, it's one of the things that prevented me from getting 100%
    >> in
    >> that game.
    >
    > 'Gripped!' was the fiendishly difficult off-road mission you get in
    > Shoreside Vale at the picnic spot (Near Witchita Gardens). I'm not
    > joking - this mission took me in excess of 50 tries. There was also a
    > few occasions where instead of hitting the top of the bridge for the
    > last bubble I flew over the dodgy collision detection and into the
    > blocked off tunnel before falling into blue-hell. Occasionally the
    > Patriot would survive, but I'd run out of time trying to get back on
    > that blasted steep hill. Aaaargh!

    Oh yeah. That's the one. I tried it about 5 times, then completely
    abandoned the idea of 100%. I had zero interest in messing with it. That
    one, and the one on the beach.

    >> And I was just thinking the other night, when I was doing some Vigilante
    >> for
    >> fun: here's something I don't miss from VC: spike strips. Hated those
    >> things. Good riddence.
    >
    > I wish they'd included them to be honest. Maybe it's the new driving
    > skill stat but the cars seem to be easier to control in SA when you've
    > got at least one popped tyre.

    Really? Huh. I prefer non-popped tires. (And the spike strips usually
    took out all four. You don't need that during a Vigilante mission; they're
    tough enough with four good tires).

    --cleve
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    ">
    >> And I was just thinking the other night, when I was doing some Vigilante
    >> for
    >> fun: here's something I don't miss from VC: spike strips. Hated those
    >> things. Good riddence.

    What made me laugh is when the cops put them out even though you were in a
    chopper 8-)

Games Video Games