Lexmark X73: Print Server Has Incorrect Driver

Tried accessing my printer (Lexmark X73 connected by USB to my desktop computer) from a wireless laptop. While the laptop is able to find the printer on the network, I keep getting message that print server has incorrect driver. I disabled bi-directional support and enabled printer sharing. Am using an SMC 7004VWBR router. Tried uninstalling printer and re-installing using a current Lexmark driver. However, I keep getting the same message. Any ideas?

FRUSTRATED IN TORONTO
6 answers Last reply
More about lexmark print server incorrect driver

    When I did mine, I shared the printer on one pc, then on the other machine I
    add a printer and it will say remote or local, so I do remote and then
    browse to the networked printer. It will also want the printer drivers on
    both machines and will ask you about that.

    "Michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Tried accessing my printer (Lexmark X73 connected by USB to my desktop
    computer) from a wireless laptop. While the laptop is able to find the
    printer on the network, I keep getting message that print server has
    incorrect driver. I disabled bi-directional support and enabled printer
    sharing. Am using an SMC 7004VWBR router. Tried uninstalling printer and
    re-installing using a current Lexmark driver. However, I keep getting the
    same message. Any ideas?

    > FRUSTRATED IN TORONTO

    That is what I did..then got message that driver had to be downloaded from network...then got message that print server had an incorrect driver.

    Witch OS are using on the computers

    Lucky

    "Michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Tried accessing my printer (Lexmark X73 connected by USB to my desktop
    computer) from a wireless laptop. While the laptop is able to find the
    printer on the network, I keep getting message that print server has
    incorrect driver. I disabled bi-directional support and enabled printer
    sharing. Am using an SMC 7004VWBR router. Tried uninstalling printer and
    re-installing using a current Lexmark driver. However, I keep getting the
    same message. Any ideas?

    > FRUSTRATED IN TORONTO

    Did you install the drivers on both machines.

    > That is what I did..then got message that driver had to be downloaded from
    network...then got message that print server had an incorrect driver.

    XP Home on both desktop and laptop.

    So on the labtop witch port is the printer printing to

    Lucky

    "Michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Tried accessing my printer (Lexmark X73 connected by USB to my desktop
    computer) from a wireless laptop. While the laptop is able to find the
    printer on the network, I keep getting message that print server has
    incorrect driver. I disabled bi-directional support and enabled printer
    sharing. Am using an SMC 7004VWBR router. Tried uninstalling printer and
    re-installing using a current Lexmark driver. However, I keep getting the
    same message. Any ideas?

    > FRUSTRATED IN TORONTO

Lexmark Printers Wireless Networking