Texel Alignment?

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi all,

Out of nostalgia I recently installed an old game, Shadow Company. It seems
to run fine except all the text in the game is messed up and unreadable.
According to the support page for the game I need to adjust the texel
alignment to 0 in the advanced properties on my video card. Now, I remember
seeing this a long time ago, but for the life of me I can't seem to find it
in my current driver (v71.40). I'd prefer not to have to use a 3rd party
app, but will consider it if I have to. I'm running a Ti4600 on WinXP Pro.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers.

Steve wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Out of nostalgia I recently installed an old game, Shadow Company. It seems
> to run fine except all the text in the game is messed up and unreadable.
> According to the support page for the game I need to adjust the texel
> alignment to 0 in the advanced properties on my video card. Now, I remember
> seeing this a long time ago, but for the life of me I can't seem to find it
> in my current driver (v71.40). I'd prefer not to have to use a 3rd party
> app, but will consider it if I have to. I'm running a Ti4600 on WinXP Pro.
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> Cheers.

The only thing left now is "non conformant texture clamp", but I thought
that was limited to OpenGL. Maybe NVIDIA has started using it for all
texture coords.

Rivatuner has it, the last time I checked. Something to keep in mind.

"Steve" <soma1 AT orcon DOT net DOT nz> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Out of nostalgia I recently installed an old game, Shadow Company. It
> seems to run fine except all the text in the game is messed up and
> unreadable. According to the support page for the game I need to adjust
> the texel alignment to 0 in the advanced properties on my video card. Now,
> I remember seeing this a long time ago, but for the life of me I can't
> seem to find it in my current driver (v71.40). I'd prefer not to have to
> use a 3rd party app, but will consider it if I have to. I'm running a
> Ti4600 on WinXP Pro.
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> Cheers.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

"deimos" <duralisisNO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Steve wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Out of nostalgia I recently installed an old game, Shadow Company. It
>> seems to run fine except all the text in the game is messed up and
>> unreadable. According to the support page for the game I need to adjust
>> the texel alignment to 0 in the advanced properties on my video card.
>> Now, I remember seeing this a long time ago, but for the life of me I
>> can't seem to find it in my current driver (v71.40). I'd prefer not to
>> have to use a 3rd party app, but will consider it if I have to. I'm
>> running a Ti4600 on WinXP Pro.
>> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>>
>> Cheers.
>
> The only thing left now is "non conformant texture clamp", but I thought
> that was limited to OpenGL. Maybe NVIDIA has started using it for all
> texture coords.

Looks, like it's only for OpenGL. I tried it out anyway and it made no
difference. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Cheers.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

> "Steve" <soma1 AT orcon DOT net DOT nz> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Out of nostalgia I recently installed an old game, Shadow Company. It
>> seems to run fine except all the text in the game is messed up and
>> unreadable. According to the support page for the game I need to adjust
>> the texel alignment to 0 in the advanced properties on my video card.
>> Now, I remember seeing this a long time ago, but for the life of me I
>> can't seem to find it in my current driver (v71.40). I'd prefer not to
>> have to use a 3rd party app, but will consider it if I have to. I'm
>> running a Ti4600 on WinXP Pro.
>> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>"First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Rivatuner has it, the last time I checked. Something to keep in mind.

I found it in Rivatuner, but it's greyed out. Any idea how to enable it? Or
is it disabled by the drivers, perhaps.

Cheers.

If it's grayed out, then the registry key is probably no longer present in
the latest drivers.

It's also possible the feature cannot be enabled at the same time as FSAA,
aniso, etc., so try turning those off and see if texel alignment becomes
selectable.

> I found it in Rivatuner, but it's greyed out. Any idea how to enable it?
> Or is it disabled by the drivers, perhaps.
>
> Cheers.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Thanks, but it made no difference at all.

Cheers.