TV out on GeForce3 Ti 500

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a GeForce3 Ti 500 card and run XP.
I cannot get the TV out to work even though
it's connected correctly.

I have tried this with the 41.09 and the 71.89 drivers.
Using 41.09 I don't see the option to chose TV output
and using 71.89 I can choose single display and TV,
but output is still to the monitor.
I know that my connections are OK, because I can make
my old ATI Xpert Play 98 work with TV display.
Should I use an older driver or what?

Michael

"Michael" <michael@home.com> wrote in message
> I have a GeForce3 Ti 500 card and run XP.
> I cannot get the TV out to work even though
> it's connected correctly.
>
> I have tried this with the 41.09 and the 71.89 drivers.
> Using 41.09 I don't see the option to chose TV output
> and using 71.89 I can choose single display and TV,
> but output is still to the monitor.
> I know that my connections are OK, because I can make
> my old ATI Xpert Play 98 work with TV display.
> Should I use an older driver or what?
>
> Michael

Per another similar problem posted in here a couple days ago; set your
TV as primary dislpay, not secondary. Also, put Overlay on the Primary
then so you can watch movies on the TV.
McG.

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> "Michael" <michael@home.com> wrote in message
> > I have a GeForce3 Ti 500 card and run XP.
> > I cannot get the TV out to work even though
> > it's connected correctly.
> >
> > I have tried this with the 41.09 and the 71.89 drivers.
> > Using 41.09 I don't see the option to chose TV output
> > and using 71.89 I can choose single display and TV,
> > but output is still to the monitor.
> > I know that my connections are OK, because I can make
> > my old ATI Xpert Play 98 work with TV display.
> > Should I use an older driver or what?
> >
> > Michael
>
> Per another similar problem posted in here a couple days ago; set your
> TV as primary dislpay, not secondary. Also, put Overlay on the Primary
> then so you can watch movies on the TV.
> McG.

Thanks, but I can only choose single display.

>> "Michael" <michael@home.com> wrote in message
>> > I have a GeForce3 Ti 500 card and run XP.
>> > I cannot get the TV out to work even though
>> > it's connected correctly.
>> >
>> > I have tried this with the 41.09 and the 71.89 drivers.
>> > Using 41.09 I don't see the option to chose TV output
>> > and using 71.89 I can choose single display and TV,
>> > but output is still to the monitor.
>> > I know that my connections are OK, because I can make
>> > my old ATI Xpert Play 98 work with TV display.
>> > Should I use an older driver or what?
>> >
>> > Michael
>>
>> Per another similar problem posted in here a couple days ago; set your
>> TV as primary dislpay, not secondary. Also, put Overlay on the Primary
>> then so you can watch movies on the TV.
>> McG.
>>

> Thanks, but I can only choose single display.

The GF3 cards can only drive 1 display at a time as they only have a single
ramdac.

Dan

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Michael" <michael@home.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> "Michael" <michael@home.com> wrote in message

> >> Per another similar problem posted in here a couple days ago; set your
> >> TV as primary dislpay, not secondary. Also, put Overlay on the Primary
> >> then so you can watch movies on the TV.
> >> McG.
> >>

> > Thanks, but I can only choose single display.
>
> The GF3 cards can only drive 1 display at a time as they only have a
single
> ramdac.
>
> Dan

Ok, that makes sense, but even if I select that single display to be TV,
the signal goes to my monitor.
The card has a s-video out - that must have some use ;-)

Michael

jethro

Distinguished
May 5, 2004

Michael wrote:
> "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>"Michael" <michael@home.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>"McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>Thanks, but I can only choose single display.
>>
>>The GF3 cards can only drive 1 display at a time as they only have a
>
> single
>
>>ramdac.
>>
>>Dan
>>

> Ok, that makes sense, but even if I select that single display to be TV,
> the signal goes to my monitor.
> The card has a s-video out - that must have some use ;-)
>
> Michael

With my old GF2 GTS which surprising only does one display (as opposed
to the "cheaper" GF2 MX) so I bought TV Tool.
http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm

Allows me to run both screens even though the card wasn't built for it.
Try the demo.

--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com