ASUS V9560 Video Suite Composite Out?

Kay

Hi, All:

I want to grab some video from my graphics card to my sony handycam. Since I
use ASUS V9560 Video Suite Layout(GeForce FX 5600 Serise), it comes with an
AV adapter. However, when I connect the Comp. Out on the AV adapter with the
A/V IN/OUT socket on my handycam, nothing shows up on the handycam. When I
tried to set Clone or Dual View from nView Display settings, it just cannot
detect the handycam and sticks to single display. Anyone knows why? What
I've done wrong?

thanks,
-Kay

Hi

Normally the first time around when using the TV out you need to power up
with the TV turned on for the drivers to 'know' that you have a TV
connected. In your case you're not using a TV and I don't know what kind of
resistance the graphics card will see on the composite output.

If the handycam still isn't being detected after powering on with it turned
on, go to the nVidia display applet, under Tools\Troubleshooting there
should be an option called "Force TV Detection." Click on this and when
asked to reboot, reboot and see whether this fixes it.

Cheers
Sharanga

"Kay" <kangkang@interchange.ubc.ca> wrote in message
> Hi, All:
>
> I want to grab some video from my graphics card to my sony handycam. Since
> I use ASUS V9560 Video Suite Layout(GeForce FX 5600 Serise), it comes with
> an AV adapter. However, when I connect the Comp. Out on the AV adapter
> with the A/V IN/OUT socket on my handycam, nothing shows up on the
> handycam. When I tried to set Clone or Dual View from nView Display
> settings, it just cannot detect the handycam and sticks to single display.
> Anyone knows why? What I've done wrong?
>
> thanks,
> -Kay

Kay

I've hooked up a test TV monitor and although it still cannot detect the TV,
when I hit apply directly with TV selected, there is actually signal on the
TV monitor, although I still can't get it both on my computer monitor and TV
monitor with Clone or Dual View. However, there is still nothing on my
camera with TV selected. "Force TV detection" also doesn't work for
me...really confused...I tried svideo with the camera too, doesn't work
either.

-Kang

"Sharanga Dayananda" <sharanga@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Normally the first time around when using the TV out you need to power up
> with the TV turned on for the drivers to 'know' that you have a TV
> connected. In your case you're not using a TV and I don't know what kind
> of resistance the graphics card will see on the composite output.
>
> If the handycam still isn't being detected after powering on with it
> turned on, go to the nVidia display applet, under Tools\Troubleshooting
> there should be an option called "Force TV Detection." Click on this and
> when asked to reboot, reboot and see whether this fixes it.
>
> Cheers
> Sharanga
>
> "Kay" <kangkang@interchange.ubc.ca> wrote in message
>> Hi, All:
>>
>> I want to grab some video from my graphics card to my sony handycam.
>> Since I use ASUS V9560 Video Suite Layout(GeForce FX 5600 Serise), it
>> comes with an AV adapter. However, when I connect the Comp. Out on the AV
>> adapter with the A/V IN/OUT socket on my handycam, nothing shows up on
>> the handycam. When I tried to set Clone or Dual View from nView Display
>> settings, it just cannot detect the handycam and sticks to single
>> display. Anyone knows why? What I've done wrong?
>>
>> thanks,
>> -Kay

Kay

It seems the problem of handycam. I tried a regular sony DV camera and
everything is just fine.

-Kay

> I've hooked up a test TV monitor and although it still cannot detect the
> TV, when I hit apply directly with TV selected, there is actually signal
> on the TV monitor, although I still can't get it both on my computer
> monitor and TV monitor with Clone or Dual View. However, there is still
> nothing on my camera with TV selected. "Force TV detection" also doesn't
> work for me...really confused...I tried svideo with the camera too,
> doesn't work either.
>
> -Kang
>
> "Sharanga Dayananda" <sharanga@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Normally the first time around when using the TV out you need to power up
>> with the TV turned on for the drivers to 'know' that you have a TV
>> connected. In your case you're not using a TV and I don't know what kind
>> of resistance the graphics card will see on the composite output.
>>
>> If the handycam still isn't being detected after powering on with it
>> turned on, go to the nVidia display applet, under Tools\Troubleshooting
>> there should be an option called "Force TV Detection." Click on this and
>> when asked to reboot, reboot and see whether this fixes it.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Sharanga
>>
>> "Kay" <kangkang@interchange.ubc.ca> wrote in message
>>> Hi, All:
>>>
>>> I want to grab some video from my graphics card to my sony handycam.
>>> Since I use ASUS V9560 Video Suite Layout(GeForce FX 5600 Serise), it
>>> comes with an AV adapter. However, when I connect the Comp. Out on the
>>> AV adapter with the A/V IN/OUT socket on my handycam, nothing shows up
>>> on the handycam. When I tried to set Clone or Dual View from nView
>>> Display settings, it just cannot detect the handycam and sticks to
>>> single display. Anyone knows why? What I've done wrong?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> -Kay

'tis a good job you have a spare camera.