Question regarding MSI NX6600 drivers & running games

I recently bought this MSI NX6600 videocard:
( http://msicomputer.co.uk/products.aspx?product_id=703572&cat_id=78 )

I used the drivers that came with the card, but I was wondering if it would
be better to use the nVidia ForceWare drivers instead.

I experienced a problem yesterday when playing an old favourite game of
mine, "Deus Ex". I had experienced a few occasional crashes to the desktop,
but then the game has always done that, no matter what hard-and software I
used throughout the years.

But then at one point the game just froze up at one point, something that
had never happened before. I couldn't get out of the game, though pressing
CTRL-ALT-DEL did seem to launch Task Manager. I could see and move the
Windows mouse cursor, but I couldn't see the dektop, and hence not see Task
Manager. I had to press the reset button to get out of it.

Maybe it's just an issue with that particular game? I had tried other games,
such as "Deus Ex: Invisible War", and the recent "Lord Of The Rings: Battle
For Middle Earth" game, both of which seemed to run fine, if not great!

Still, I was wondering if I would be better off using the nVidia drivers.

Any thoughts/tips/etc are greatly appreciated.

"Lukas Mariman" <lukas.mariman@skynet.be> wrote in message
> I recently bought this MSI NX6600 videocard:
> ( http://msicomputer.co.uk/products.aspx?product_id=703572&cat_id=78 )
>
> I used the drivers that came with the card, but I was wondering if it
would
> be better to use the nVidia ForceWare drivers instead.
>
> I experienced a problem yesterday when playing an old favourite game of
> mine, "Deus Ex". I had experienced a few occasional crashes to the
desktop,
> but then the game has always done that, no matter what hard-and software I
> used throughout the years.
>
> But then at one point the game just froze up at one point, something that
> had never happened before. I couldn't get out of the game, though pressing
> CTRL-ALT-DEL did seem to launch Task Manager. I could see and move the
> Windows mouse cursor, but I couldn't see the dektop, and hence not see
Task
> Manager. I had to press the reset button to get out of it.
>
> Maybe it's just an issue with that particular game? I had tried other
games,
> such as "Deus Ex: Invisible War", and the recent "Lord Of The Rings:
Battle
> For Middle Earth" game, both of which seemed to run fine, if not great!
>
> Still, I was wondering if I would be better off using the nVidia drivers.
>
> Any thoughts/tips/etc are greatly appreciated.

The drivers that come with new video cards are usually out of date.
First,see what version MSI has on their website. They will most likely be
more recent. If not,then the lastest nvidia drivers can be foud at
www.guru3d.com

"dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net> schreef in bericht

> The drivers that come with new video cards are usually out of date.
> First,see what version MSI has on their website. They will most likely be
> more recent. If not,then the lastest nvidia drivers can be foud at
> www.guru3d.com

I'll have a look. Thanks for your input!