Maryland GSM coverage?

Hello all,

I have a two beginner questions. I am a Cingular subscriber and I have
an older 6161 Nokia, which obviously does not handle GSM.

I am in the Annapolis Maryland area, and I was wondering if I GSM is
active in my area? Also, do I need to have a special plan to utilize
GSM or not?

Why the interest? I am interested in better voice quality and less
breaking up while I am en-route to work. I am under the impression GSM
is better than my current phones TDMA.

Thank you kindly for your help/suggestions..

your area should be good to go. if you were close to the Dobson area, they just
flipped the switch

>Subject: Maryland GSM coverage?
>From: Mike H none@all.com
>Date: 5/10/2004 11:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time
>
>Hello all,
>
>I have a two beginner questions. I am a Cingular subscriber and I have
>an older 6161 Nokia, which obviously does not handle GSM.
>
>I am in the Annapolis Maryland area, and I was wondering if I GSM is
>active in my area? Also, do I need to have a special plan to utilize
>GSM or not?
>
>Why the interest? I am interested in better voice quality and less
>breaking up while I am en-route to work. I am under the impression GSM
>is better than my current phones TDMA.
>
>Thank you kindly for your help/suggestions..

Jeff Ream

I am the drummer your color guard captain warned you about

Thanks Jeff,

Actually I am right out of Annapolis.... The Bowie/Crofton area..

Take it easy.

On 11 May 2004 03:41:48 GMT, jeffsnewjetta@aol.comnospam
(Jeffsnewjetta) wrote:

>your area should be good to go. if you were close to the Dobson area, they just
>flipped the switch
>

>>Subject: Maryland GSM coverage?
>>From: Mike H none@all.com
>>Date: 5/10/2004 11:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time
>>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>I have a two beginner questions. I am a Cingular subscriber and I have
>>an older 6161 Nokia, which obviously does not handle GSM.
>>
>>I am in the Annapolis Maryland area, and I was wondering if I GSM is
>>active in my area? Also, do I need to have a special plan to utilize
>>GSM or not?
>>
>>Why the interest? I am interested in better voice quality and less
>>breaking up while I am en-route to work. I am under the impression GSM
>>is better than my current phones TDMA.
>>
>>Thank you kindly for your help/suggestions..
>>

>Jeff Ream
>
>I am the drummer your color guard captain warned you about

TRENDING THREADS