Upgrading graphics card.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
April 27, 2005 11:55:35 AM

I'm thinking of upgrading my old GForce4 graphics card.
All the cards on the market are AGP 8x, my motherboard is fairly old
(Asus P4S533) and only a 4x.

Will an 8x card work (I know it would be slower). I don't want to
upgrade my MB at this stage.

Cheers.
Suzi
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
April 27, 2005 8:00:59 PM

Yes an 8x card will work in your system at half the memory bandwidth.

--
DaveW

"Fluzi_Suzi" <headgirl@school.com> wrote in message
> I'm thinking of upgrading my old GForce4 graphics card.
> All the cards on the market are AGP 8x, my motherboard is fairly old
> (Asus P4S533) and only a 4x.
>
> Will an 8x card work (I know it would be slower). I don't want to
> upgrade my MB at this stage.
>
> Cheers.
> Suzi
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
April 27, 2005 10:56:18 PM

Not much difference between AGPx4 and x8.
It´ll work, yes.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2005 12:44:19 AM

There will be almost no performance difference between 4x and 8x

!