Gateway Restore Discs..?

Say folks.., I've got three Gateway discs and I'm not sure what then are
used for.
The first is Operating System Backup CD, Version 98.1.
Second is Gateway Application Restoration CD, Version 1.7. Third is Gateway
Systems Restoration Kit (Portables), Disc 1, Version 6.5.
What does each one do different from the others, and does anybody need these
guys? I'm running a GW 9300, XP Pro, DVD/CD r+w, with all the memory, bells
and whistles, applications I can use. I don't think I need these, do you?

If the discs came with the computer you better keep them. They will be
necessary to restore the system if the hard drive fails or some other
catastrophe occurs - they restore the Windows operating system, install
various hardware drivers (sound card, modem, video display, etc.) and
re-install the various programs (Word, Works, etc.) that came on the system.

Just reread your message - did you replace Win98 with WinXP? If you did
then my first thoughts do not apply and any usage, other than program
reinstall, would be questionable.

"81mm" <res0n8e5@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Say folks.., I've got three Gateway discs and I'm not sure what then are
> used for.
> The first is Operating System Backup CD, Version 98.1.
> Second is Gateway Application Restoration CD, Version 1.7. Third is
> Gateway Systems Restoration Kit (Portables), Disc 1, Version 6.5.
> What does each one do different from the others, and does anybody need
> these guys? I'm running a GW 9300, XP Pro, DVD/CD r+w, with all the
> memory, bells and whistles, applications I can use. I don't think I need
> these, do you?

I would not mind having them problem is i am in Denmark where are you?
Also if you want money for them how much?you can get in touch via
davidhills64@hotmail.com

Right.., thanks.., and yes I did format the computer I have now, and did
install XP Pro!! Plus, I've had 5-6 different 9300's in the past and not
sure which GW's the disc came from or which they may have belonged to.., so
I just asked.., cause maybe others could use'em (smile) G'day..!!

> Say folks.., I've got three Gateway discs and I'm not sure what then are
> used for.
> The first is Operating System Backup CD, Version 98.1.

The gateway OEM version of Windows 98 (SE I believe).

> Second is Gateway Application Restoration CD, Version 1.7.

Some of the software that came bundled with your system.

>Third is Gateway Systems Restoration Kit (Portables), Disc 1, Version 6.5.

Hardware drivers specific to your system and the Windows 98 OS