Installation of Windows XP - Unified Driver Version: 5.10

Has anyone done this recently?

What am I supposed to uninstall?
Am supposed to uninstall everything I.e.
Remove all NVIDIA drivers, including Display?

Little help,

sNuffles

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

I did it last night. I built a box for my friend. Epox Nforce 3, 2600+
Sempron, XFX 6600GT, 512MB Mushkin ddr.

All you have to do is go into add/remove programs, remove any item that says
"Nforce". Don't remove the display driver. Reboot and cancel through all
attempts from plug and play to load drivers. Then run the 5.10 executable.
Unless you are running a SATA hard drive don't load the IDE driver. If you
do it may not boot back up.

BTW why are you upgrading these drivers and what kind of motherboard chipset
do you have? I have an Nforce2 and I'm still on version 2.45. I tried 5.10
and did not like them.

DaveL

"sNuffles" <sNuffles@operamail.com> wrote in message

> Has anyone done this recently?
>
> What am I supposed to uninstall?
> Am supposed to uninstall everything I.e.
> Remove all NVIDIA drivers, including Display?
>
> Little help,
>
> sNuffles

In article <VOydnQG2ELERMe_fRVn-jA@comcast.com>, dave1027@comcast.net
says...
> I did it last night. I built a box for my friend. Epox Nforce 3, 2600+
> Sempron, XFX 6600GT, 512MB Mushkin ddr.
>
> All you have to do is go into add/remove programs, remove any item that says
> "Nforce". Don't remove the display driver. Reboot and cancel through all
> attempts from plug and play to load drivers. Then run the 5.10 executable.
> Unless you are running a SATA hard drive don't load the IDE driver. If you
> do it may not boot back up.
>
> BTW why are you upgrading these drivers and what kind of motherboard chipset
> do you have? I have an Nforce2 and I'm still on version 2.45. I tried 5.10
> and did not like them.
>
> DaveL

Hi,

I have an Nforce2 also. What was you reason for not liking 5.10?

I'm sorry, forgot to give info:

Windows XP Home Edition
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
Memory: 256MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Mother Board System Model: ASUSTeK Computer INC. - A7N8X Deluxe
Monitor: Hitachi CM751
Sound Devices: NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio
Disk Model: Maxtor 6 E040L0 SCSI Disk Device
Disk Model: Hitachi 250GB HDS72252 Disk Device
CD-RW Model: CyberDrv CW078D CD-R/RW SCSI CdRom Device
DVD Model: Sony DRU720A DVD Device
Printers Model: HP DeskJet 970Cse
Network Adapter Adapter:3Com 3C920B-EMB Integrated Fast Ethernet
Controller
Front Side Bus Speed: 2x 133MHz (266MHz data rate)

I'm just doing a update. No real reason, just geting new drivers.

<snip>

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

The 5.10 screwed up my sound. I could not open the Soundstorm app. Had to
hack the registry to get sound working properly again. Also, after loading
the 5.10 XP asked me to reactivate again and it failed saying I had
activated the key too may times. Version 2.45 always worked fine, perfectly
stable, so I went back to them. I think 5.10 is mainly for Nforce3 and 4
support. My Epox 8RDA+ motherboard is similar to your Asus Deluxe because
they both have Soundstorm APU. Be careful with the IDE driver that comes
with 5.10. It could hose you up good.