Installation of Windows XP - Unified Driver Version: 5.10

Has anyone done this recently?

What am I supposed to uninstall?
Am supposed to uninstall everything I.e.
Remove all NVIDIA drivers, including Display?

Little help,

sNuffles
3 answers Last reply
More about installation windows unified driver version

    I did it last night. I built a box for my friend. Epox Nforce 3, 2600+
    Sempron, XFX 6600GT, 512MB Mushkin ddr.

    All you have to do is go into add/remove programs, remove any item that says
    "Nforce". Don't remove the display driver. Reboot and cancel through all
    attempts from plug and play to load drivers. Then run the 5.10 executable.
    Unless you are running a SATA hard drive don't load the IDE driver. If you
    do it may not boot back up.

    BTW why are you upgrading these drivers and what kind of motherboard chipset
    do you have? I have an Nforce2 and I'm still on version 2.45. I tried 5.10
    and did not like them.

    DaveL

    "sNuffles" <sNuffles@operamail.com> wrote in message

    > Has anyone done this recently?
    >
    > What am I supposed to uninstall?
    > Am supposed to uninstall everything I.e.
    > Remove all NVIDIA drivers, including Display?
    >
    > Little help,
    >
    > sNuffles

    In article <VOydnQG2ELERMe_fRVn-jA@comcast.com>, dave1027@comcast.net
    says...
    > I did it last night. I built a box for my friend. Epox Nforce 3, 2600+
    > Sempron, XFX 6600GT, 512MB Mushkin ddr.
    >
    > All you have to do is go into add/remove programs, remove any item that says
    > "Nforce". Don't remove the display driver. Reboot and cancel through all
    > attempts from plug and play to load drivers. Then run the 5.10 executable.
    > Unless you are running a SATA hard drive don't load the IDE driver. If you
    > do it may not boot back up.
    >
    > BTW why are you upgrading these drivers and what kind of motherboard chipset
    > do you have? I have an Nforce2 and I'm still on version 2.45. I tried 5.10
    > and did not like them.
    >
    > DaveL

    Hi,

    I have an Nforce2 also. What was you reason for not liking 5.10?

    I'm sorry, forgot to give info:

    Windows XP Home Edition
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
    Memory: 256MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Mother Board System Model: ASUSTeK Computer INC. - A7N8X Deluxe
    Monitor: Hitachi CM751
    Sound Devices: NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio
    Disk Model: Maxtor 6 E040L0 SCSI Disk Device
    Disk Model: Hitachi 250GB HDS72252 Disk Device
    CD-RW Model: CyberDrv CW078D CD-R/RW SCSI CdRom Device
    DVD Model: Sony DRU720A DVD Device
    Printers Model: HP DeskJet 970Cse
    Network Adapter Adapter:3Com 3C920B-EMB Integrated Fast Ethernet
    Controller
    Front Side Bus Speed: 2x 133MHz (266MHz data rate)

    I'm just doing a update. No real reason, just geting new drivers.

    <snip>

    The 5.10 screwed up my sound. I could not open the Soundstorm app. Had to
    hack the registry to get sound working properly again. Also, after loading
    the 5.10 XP asked me to reactivate again and it failed saying I had
    activated the key too may times. Version 2.45 always worked fine, perfectly
    stable, so I went back to them. I think 5.10 is mainly for Nforce3 and 4
    support. My Epox 8RDA+ motherboard is similar to your Asus Deluxe because
    they both have Soundstorm APU. Be careful with the IDE driver that comes
    with 5.10. It could hose you up good.

    > In article <VOydnQG2ELERMe_fRVn-jA@comcast.com>, dave1027@comcast.net
    > says...
    >> I did it last night. I built a box for my friend. Epox Nforce 3, 2600+
    >> Sempron, XFX 6600GT, 512MB Mushkin ddr.
    >>
    >> All you have to do is go into add/remove programs, remove any item that
    >> says
    >> "Nforce". Don't remove the display driver. Reboot and cancel through
    >> all
    >> attempts from plug and play to load drivers. Then run the 5.10
    >> executable.
    >> Unless you are running a SATA hard drive don't load the IDE driver. If
    >> you
    >> do it may not boot back up.
    >>
    >> BTW why are you upgrading these drivers and what kind of motherboard
    >> chipset
    >> do you have? I have an Nforce2 and I'm still on version 2.45. I tried
    >> 5.10
    >> and did not like them.
    >>
    >> DaveL
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an Nforce2 also. What was you reason for not liking 5.10?
    >
    > I'm sorry, forgot to give info:
    >
    > Windows XP Home Edition
    > Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
    > Card name: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
    > Memory: 256MB RAM
    > DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
    > BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    > Mother Board System Model: ASUSTeK Computer INC. - A7N8X Deluxe
    > Monitor: Hitachi CM751
    > Sound Devices: NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio
    > Disk Model: Maxtor 6 E040L0 SCSI Disk Device
    > Disk Model: Hitachi 250GB HDS72252 Disk Device
    > CD-RW Model: CyberDrv CW078D CD-R/RW SCSI CdRom Device
    > DVD Model: Sony DRU720A DVD Device
    > Printers Model: HP DeskJet 970Cse
    > Network Adapter Adapter:3Com 3C920B-EMB Integrated Fast Ethernet
    > Controller
    > Front Side Bus Speed: 2x 133MHz (266MHz data rate)
    >
    > I'm just doing a update. No real reason, just geting new drivers.
    >
    > <snip>

Nvidia Windows XP Graphics