GlimmerMan

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2004

Just wondering what the best performance 6600GT is? I thought ASUS
would be a contender but i think the XFX and MSI cards are the best
on the market. What do you guys think?

BigJim

check out gigabyte

"GlimmerMan" <blak_stallion02@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
message news:3ac4b$4273a771$455da0d2$30186@allthenewsgroups.com...

GlimmerMan wrote:

> Just wondering what the best performance 6600GT is? I thought ASUS
> would be a contender but i think the XFX and MSI cards are the best
> on the market. What do you guys think?

I needed VIVO capability for video processing, so I went with the MSI.
It's worked perfectly since the install, and is quiet.

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

The BFG model is probably the bast but it's more expensive. Bang for buck
winner is either Leadtek, XFX or MSI depending on the deal you get. I
advised my friend to buy a XFX the other day because the final price after
rebate was only $158. It runs fine and is relatively quiet but it's temp is
52C at idle. I thought that was on the high side but then again maybe not
as the alarm threshold was something like 120C.

Also, there is a Leadtek model on the market (Extreme version) now which
comes with 1.6 ns ddr3 and is overclocked out of the box like the BFG but is
a lot cheaper.

DaveL

"GlimmerMan" <blak_stallion02@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
message news:3ac4b$4273a771$455da0d2$30186@allthenewsgroups.com...
> Just wondering what the best performance 6600GT is? I thought ASUS
> would be a contender but i think the XFX and MSI cards are the best
> on the market. What do you guys think?

"GlimmerMan" <blak_stallion02@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
message news:3ac4b$4273a771$455da0d2$30186@allthenewsgroups.com...
> Just wondering what the best performance 6600GT is? I thought ASUS
> would be a contender but i think the XFX and MSI cards are the best
> on the market. What do you guys think?

After reading these two articles:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2295

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050404/index.html

I went with a Leadtech 6600GT for cooling, noise and a price
of $179 w/ free shipping.
http://www.chiefvalue.com/app/productdetails.asp?submit=manufactory&item=14-122-206

Performance is then gained after downloading RivaTuner and Coolbits.
http://www.guru3d.com

I'm VERY satisfied.

Gary C wrote:
> "GlimmerMan" <blak_stallion02@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
> message news:3ac4b$4273a771$455da0d2$30186@allthenewsgroups.com...
>
>>Just wondering what the best performance 6600GT is? I thought ASUS
>>would be a contender but i think the XFX and MSI cards are the best
>>on the market. What do you guys think?
>>

> After reading these two articles:
>
> http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2295
>
> http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050404/index.html
>
> I went with a Leadtech 6600GT for cooling, noise and a price
> of $179 w/ free shipping.
> http://www.chiefvalue.com/app/productdetails.asp?submit=manufactory&item=14-122-206
>
> Performance is then gained after downloading RivaTuner and Coolbits.
> http://www.guru3d.com
>
> I'm VERY satisfied.

I have a Leadtek as well. Runs great and very quiet.

--
And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right

Lennon & McCartney

> Just wondering what the best performance 6600GT is? I thought ASUS
> would be a contender but i think the XFX and MSI cards are the best
> on the market. What do you guys think?

Find one with a memory speed greater than 1000MHz (should be around 1120 or
higher). Those cards use faster memory and should easily beat out all the
rest.

Leadtec here. Though i would say it aint quiet. Bareable yes. But
going to put a Zalman cooler onit. Its still the nosiest thing in my
system.

Freedom55 a écrit :
> Gary C wrote:
>
>> "GlimmerMan" <blak_stallion02@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
>> message news:3ac4b$4273a771$455da0d2$30186@allthenewsgroups.com...
>>
>>> Just wondering what the best performance 6600GT is? I thought ASUS
>>> would be a contender but i think the XFX and MSI cards are the best
>>> on the market. What do you guys think?
>>>

>> After reading these two articles:
>>
>> http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2295
>>
>> http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050404/index.html
>>
>> I went with a Leadtech 6600GT for cooling, noise and a price
>> of $179 w/ free shipping.
>> http://www.chiefvalue.com/app/productdetails.asp?submit=manufactory&item=14-122-206
>>

>> Performance is then gained after downloading RivaTuner and Coolbits.
>> http://www.guru3d.com
>>
>> I'm VERY satisfied.
>>
> I have a Leadtek as well. Runs great and very quiet.

Does it work with a 250W power unit ?

--
Virez Saddam pour me répondre.
Remove Saddam to reply.