GeForce 6200 Question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 30, 2005 4:07:10 PM

How good is this card? I really can't go over $150

More about : geforce 6200 question

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 5:58:30 PM

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 12:07:10 -0400, Tarkus <tarkus@comcast.net> wrote:

>How good is this card? I really can't go over $150

Here is a review with lots of info. on the GPU.
http://www.beyond3d.com/previews/nvidia/6200/
I've read some reviews where the 4 dormant pipes where
unlocked using Rivatuner, and the core, and memory was overclocked to
near 6600GT performance, but not sure if that's really true. I'd
suspect it would get past the 6600 standard with some overclocking,
and unlocking the pipes.
I was gona buy the Leadtek 6200 AGP as I heard it was easy to
unlock it, and overclock faster than a 6600 standard with stock
cooling, but I read that Nvidia is no longer producing the 6200
version of the NV43 GPU chips. They now produce an NV44A GPU chip for
the 6200 that has the 4 dormant pipes removed. Knowing my luck, if I
order one, it would be the new stock with the NV44A chip. I however
lucked out with some extra cash, and just ordered a 6600GT.
May 1, 2005 5:37:47 PM

read all about them the 6200 and the 6600 excellent test and reviews

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/gffx/nv43-5.html

"Tarkus" <tarkus@comcast.net> wrote in message
> How good is this card? I really can't go over $150
May 1, 2005 8:38:26 PM

Slower than most.

--
DaveW

"Tarkus" <tarkus@comcast.net> wrote in message
> How good is this card? I really can't go over $150
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 3:38:42 AM

On Sun, 1 May 2005 16:38:26 -0700, "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote:

>Slower than most.

Slower than most what? New cards, old cards?
May 2, 2005 10:42:21 AM

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=877533
6200 softmod which makes it faster than a 9800xt!
!