GeForce 6200 Question

How good is this card? I really can't go over $150
5 answers Last reply
More about geforce 6200 question

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 12:07:10 -0400, Tarkus <tarkus@comcast.net> wrote:

    >How good is this card? I really can't go over $150

    Here is a review with lots of info. on the GPU.
    http://www.beyond3d.com/previews/nvidia/6200/
    I've read some reviews where the 4 dormant pipes where
    unlocked using Rivatuner, and the core, and memory was overclocked to
    near 6600GT performance, but not sure if that's really true. I'd
    suspect it would get past the 6600 standard with some overclocking,
    and unlocking the pipes.
    I was gona buy the Leadtek 6200 AGP as I heard it was easy to
    unlock it, and overclock faster than a 6600 standard with stock
    cooling, but I read that Nvidia is no longer producing the 6200
    version of the NV43 GPU chips. They now produce an NV44A GPU chip for
    the 6200 that has the 4 dormant pipes removed. Knowing my luck, if I
    order one, it would be the new stock with the NV44A chip. I however
    lucked out with some extra cash, and just ordered a 6600GT.

    read all about them the 6200 and the 6600 excellent test and reviews

    http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/gffx/nv43-5.html

    "Tarkus" <tarkus@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > How good is this card? I really can't go over $150

    Slower than most.

    --
    DaveW

    On Sun, 1 May 2005 16:38:26 -0700, "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote:

    >Slower than most.

    Slower than most what? New cards, old cards?

    http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=877533
    6200 softmod which makes it faster than a 9800xt!
    "Tarkus" <tarkus@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > How good is this card? I really can't go over $150

Nvidia Geforce Graphics