ForceWare overlay settings not saving

I simply cannot, under any circumstances, get the nVidia ForceWare drivers
to save the video overlay settings in the control panel, i.e. brightness,
contrast, saturation etc. I can drag the sliders fine, I see it affecting
the video, I click OK/Apply... next time I open the control panel, they are
back to defaults. This is on an nForce2 chipset (on-board GF4MX). Any
ideas?

{R}

"{RainmakeR}" wrote...
>I simply cannot, under any circumstances, get the nVidia ForceWare drivers
>to save the video overlay settings in the control panel, i.e. brightness,
>contrast, saturation etc. I can drag the sliders fine, I see it affecting
>the video, I click OK/Apply... next time I open the control panel, they are
>back to defaults. This is on an nForce2 chipset (on-board GF4MX). Any
>ideas?

Using the 71.89 drivers on XP SP2, btw.

Cheers,

{R}

default

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2003

Did you disable the nVidia driver helper service, or any of the nVidia
startup items?

If so, try re-enabling them or re-install the driver.

"{RainmakeR}" <rainmaker@omenmedia.remove.to.reply.com> wrote in message
> "{RainmakeR}" wrote...
>>I simply cannot, under any circumstances, get the nVidia ForceWare drivers
>>to save the video overlay settings in the control panel, i.e. brightness,
>>contrast, saturation etc. I can drag the sliders fine, I see it affecting
>>the video, I click OK/Apply... next time I open the control panel, they
>>are back to defaults. This is on an nForce2 chipset (on-board GF4MX).
>>Any ideas?
>
> Using the 71.89 drivers on XP SP2, btw.
>
> Cheers,
>
> {R}

"{RainmakeR}" <rainmaker@omenmedia.remove.to.reply.com> wrote in
message news:4274867d$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au
> "{RainmakeR}" wrote...
>> I simply cannot, under any circumstances, get the nVidia ForceWare
>> drivers to save the video overlay settings in the control panel,
>> i.e. brightness, contrast, saturation etc. I can drag the sliders
>> fine, I see it affecting the video, I click OK/Apply... next time I
>> open the control panel, they are back to defaults. This is on an
>> nForce2 chipset (on-board GF4MX). Any ideas?
>
> Using the 71.89 drivers on XP SP2, btw.
>
> Cheers,
>
> {R}

I'm using XP Pro SP2, ForceWare 71.89 and 6800GT. I'm rather used to
having to re-create all my "color profiles" every driver install. They
seem never to be saved between versions. Since I use several different
settings for my various uses including games, 2D graphics, 3D graphics,
DVD movies and downloaded clips, the tasktray selector is wonderful. I
make my changes as needed in the ForceWare Color Correction page, then
make sure to SAVE AS: pickaname. If you don't do this, the driver/cpl
will of course look for the 'Default' settings each time its loaded.
OK/Apply is not the same as saving/loading a "color profile". For me,
the last selected Color Profile that I saved in that page is what the
new 'Default' is when the page is reloaded. With my half dozen changes
made and saved, I click the tray icon, go to "Custom Color Settings",
cursor over and click on the one I want. No problem. All are named for
my own convenience. Keeps it between boots too. I think you've seen
that there are choices in "Apply settings To:" overlay, desktop, all?
HIH,
McG.