Color correction for DirectX

Hi,
NVidia provides ColorCorrection for the Desktop.
I have not been able to find this option for DirectX.
Is there a tool to correct colors for games?
The desktop looks much more vibrant after the colors have
been corrected. So i guess games could benefit equally well
though i seem to remember that most games have been
created in such a fashion that they look best with
the colors being not corrected as that is the most common
setting.

some games (the original hl afaik) offer in-game color
correction but these are a minority. that means without
a specific driver option or an additional tool theres
no other option.

any ideas?
chris

You can set the desktop which will affect the games. So you'll want to save
each setting you do -- default for desktop, game 1, game 2, etc. -- then you
can activate the tray icon that lets you right-click and select any of the
settings quickly.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, chris picard ordered an army of
hamsters to type:

> Hi,
> NVidia provides ColorCorrection for the Desktop.
> I have not been able to find this option for DirectX.
> Is there a tool to correct colors for games?
> The desktop looks much more vibrant after the colors have
> been corrected. So i guess games could benefit equally well
> though i seem to remember that most games have been
> created in such a fashion that they look best with
> the colors being not corrected as that is the most common
> setting.
>
> some games (the original hl afaik) offer in-game color
> correction but these are a minority. that means without
> a specific driver option or an additional tool theres
> no other option.
>
> any ideas?
> chris

I think there will be options in future driver releases at some time with
custom colour correction for different environments. After all 3DFX did it
years ago.