What brand is my 6600GT?

Hi

I was just wondering how to determine the exact brand of my 6600GT. It came
with the PC and I was wondering how it compared with other brands. It shows
under device manager and DXDiag as Nvidia 6600GT but no "brand" such as Asus
is shown.

Also, I've got 71.84 drivers installed which seem to work fine. Should I
always be updating to the latest drivers where available, i.e. the new
71.89?

Thanks.

Nik.
8 answers Last reply
More about what brand 6600gt

    check the link out below, when you are done you will have more knowledge
    than a Master Jedi

    http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/gffx/nv43-5.html

    "Nik" <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I was just wondering how to determine the exact brand of my 6600GT. It
    > came with the PC and I was wondering how it compared with other brands. It
    > shows under device manager and DXDiag as Nvidia 6600GT but no "brand" such
    > as Asus is shown.
    >
    > Also, I've got 71.84 drivers installed which seem to work fine. Should I
    > always be updating to the latest drivers where available, i.e. the new
    > 71.89?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Nik.

    OK, got SiSandra and determined that it's a Leadtech. Can't find any reviews
    on this card, any opinions?

    Cheers

    Nik

    "Nik" <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I was just wondering how to determine the exact brand of my 6600GT. It
    > came with the PC and I was wondering how it compared with other brands. It
    > shows under device manager and DXDiag as Nvidia 6600GT but no "brand" such
    > as Asus is shown.
    >
    > Also, I've got 71.84 drivers installed which seem to work fine. Should I
    > always be updating to the latest drivers where available, i.e. the new
    > 71.89?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Nik.

    Take a look at Anandtech for a review of the Leadtek board:
    http://www.anandtech.com/
    under the video tab. Anandtech reviews the PC Express board but it
    is the same board except for the bridge to the AGP interface.
    The PC manufacturer's site is a good place to get drivers since they
    sometimes check them out on their late model PCs before posting to
    avoid warranty problems. You can also get drivers from the Leadtek
    site which they check before posting for the same reason, however,
    they didn't catch the problems with the 71.78 (I think?) driver. Its
    a good idea to read the changes to the nVidia drivers (on the nVidia
    site) before jumping on an update.
    --

    > OK, got SiSandra and determined that it's a Leadtech. Can't find
    > any reviews on this card, any opinions?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Nik
    >
    > "Nik" <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I was just wondering how to determine the exact brand of my
    >> 6600GT. It came with the PC and I was wondering how it compared
    >> with other brands. It shows under device manager and DXDiag as
    >> Nvidia 6600GT but no "brand" such as Asus is shown.
    >>
    >> Also, I've got 71.84 drivers installed which seem to work fine.
    >> Should I always be updating to the latest drivers where
    >> available, i.e. the new 71.89?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Nik.

    Thanks guys, I have a feeling I'll be back with plenty more questions...Know
    much about Doom3 and all that 2xAA, 4xAA stuff??

    Cheers

    Nik

    "BigJim" <woody10277@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > check the link out below, when you are done you will have more knowledge
    > than a Master Jedi
    >

    > http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/gffx/nv43-5.html
    >

    > "Nik" <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I was just wondering how to determine the exact brand of my 6600GT. It
    >> came with the PC and I was wondering how it compared with other brands.
    >> It shows under device manager and DXDiag as Nvidia 6600GT but no "brand"
    >> such as Asus is shown.
    >>
    >> Also, I've got 71.84 drivers installed which seem to work fine. Should I
    >> always be updating to the latest drivers where available, i.e. the new
    >> 71.89?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Nik.

    Master Jedi Neil here :-)

    Just a point of note, the Galaxy 6600GT AGP specs (out of the box) are
    as follows, they only list the specs for the PCI-E version which for
    some reason is actually slower. The AGP has a very nice HS/F combo not
    unlike the Axle (except in gold).

    Core: 500MHz
    Memory: 525MHz DDR3(1050MHz)

    Don't think you'll go far wrong with Leadtek, BFG or Galaxy anyway.

    Neil.

    In message <0P6dnUcDEsNKVerfRVn-sQ@comcast.com>, BigJim
    <woody10277@hotmail.com> writes

    --
    Neil J Bundy

    Ahh, young Jedi! Thanx for your input, maybe you can look at my specs and
    tell me if all is in order?

    I have the 128MB PCI Express version and after a lot of mucking about with a
    torch and a mirror I can see the Winfast FX 6600 GT TDH (whatever that is?)
    Sticker, but does not have the "Extreme" bit on it.

    I'm running DOOM3 at 1024x768 Medium Quality with 4x AA, everything else
    switched on (except Autosync) and the card is auto O/C through coolbits to
    576/1.15ghz and I'm getting just short of 50fps. (<-- Hey, I'm sounding like
    a trainee Jedi!)

    The mobo is an Asus P5GDC with 3.2ghz P4 (L2) and 512MB PC3200 RAM

    Is this reasonable stats for the card/system or is there some weak link I
    can be tweaking?

    Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to all this!

    Cheers again.

    Nik.

    "Neil J Bundy" <nospam_bubbleman@neil-bundy.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Master Jedi Neil here :-)
    >
    > Just a point of note, the Galaxy 6600GT AGP specs (out of the box) are as
    > follows, they only list the specs for the PCI-E version which for some
    > reason is actually slower. The AGP has a very nice HS/F combo not unlike
    > the Axle (except in gold).
    >
    > Core: 500MHz
    > Memory: 525MHz DDR3(1050MHz)
    >
    > Don't think you'll go far wrong with Leadtek, BFG or Galaxy anyway.
    >
    > Neil.
    >
    > In message <0P6dnUcDEsNKVerfRVn-sQ@comcast.com>, BigJim
    > <woody10277@hotmail.com> writes
    >>check the link out below, when you are done you will have more knowledge
    >>than a Master Jedi
    >>

    >>http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/gffx/nv43-5.html
    >>

    >>"Nik" <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I was just wondering how to determine the exact brand of my 6600GT. It
    >>> came with the PC and I was wondering how it compared with other brands.
    >>> It
    >>> shows under device manager and DXDiag as Nvidia 6600GT but no "brand"
    >>> such
    >>> as Asus is shown.
    >>>
    >>> Also, I've got 71.84 drivers installed which seem to work fine. Should I
    >>> always be updating to the latest drivers where available, i.e. the new
    >>> 71.89?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>
    >>> Nik.
    >>>

    > --
    > Neil J Bundy

    I'm not really a FPS games fanatic - prefer other stuff, cars, etc. but
    I'm sure someone will assist you. I also run an AMD board so I don'r
    really know the intricacies of your board...

    Neil.

    In message <d58sj1$48f$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, Nik
    <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> writes
    >Ahh, young Jedi! Thanx for your input, maybe you can look at my specs and
    >tell me if all is in order?
    >
    >I have the 128MB PCI Express version and after a lot of mucking about with a
    >torch and a mirror I can see the Winfast FX 6600 GT TDH (whatever that is?)
    >Sticker, but does not have the "Extreme" bit on it.
    >
    >I'm running DOOM3 at 1024x768 Medium Quality with 4x AA, everything else
    >switched on (except Autosync) and the card is auto O/C through coolbits to
    >576/1.15ghz and I'm getting just short of 50fps. (<-- Hey, I'm sounding like
    >a trainee Jedi!)
    >
    >The mobo is an Asus P5GDC with 3.2ghz P4 (L2) and 512MB PC3200 RAM
    >
    >Is this reasonable stats for the card/system or is there some weak link I
    >can be tweaking?
    >
    >Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to all this!
    >
    >Cheers again.
    >
    >Nik.

    No problem mate, I appreciate your advice.

    > I'm not really a FPS games fanatic - prefer other stuff, cars, etc. but
    > I'm sure someone will assist you. I also run an AMD board so I don'r
    > really know the intricacies of your board...
    >
    > Neil.
    >
    > In message <d58sj1$48f$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, Nik
    > <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> writes
    >>Ahh, young Jedi! Thanx for your input, maybe you can look at my specs and
    >>tell me if all is in order?
    >>
    >>I have the 128MB PCI Express version and after a lot of mucking about with
    >>torch and a mirror I can see the Winfast FX 6600 GT TDH (whatever that
    >>is?)
    >>Sticker, but does not have the "Extreme" bit on it.
    >>
    >>I'm running DOOM3 at 1024x768 Medium Quality with 4x AA, everything else
    >>switched on (except Autosync) and the card is auto O/C through coolbits to
    >>576/1.15ghz and I'm getting just short of 50fps. (<-- Hey, I'm sounding
    >>like
    >>a trainee Jedi!)
    >>
    >>The mobo is an Asus P5GDC with 3.2ghz P4 (L2) and 512MB PC3200 RAM
    >>
    >>Is this reasonable stats for the card/system or is there some weak link I
    >>can be tweaking?
    >>
    >>Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to all this!
    >>
    >>Cheers again.
    >>
    >>Nik.

Nvidia Drivers Graphics