6800Gt will only run in 4x agp....

Hi. I reformated and installed all the drivers but my 6800gt will only
run is 4x agp. My mobo supports 8x and befor i reformated it worked in
8x. I have used a couple difrent forceware drivers but no luck. I made
sure all the drivers are installed and everything is plugged in or
enabled. I also tryed to select 8x in the nvidia control panel but it
will only go to 4x. When i have 4x selected in the bios it says 2x in
the control pannel and 8x in the bios it says 4x in the CP. Any help
would be nice!

AMD Athlon64 3200+
BFG 6800GT OC
GigaByte GA-KA8NS PRO mobo
Forceware 71.89 and nforce 5.10 drivers

AGP 8x has no performance benefit, as demonstrated here:

http://www.sudhian.com/showdocs.cfm?aid=554

If you prefer to spend your time playing games instead of tweaking an
absolutely useless setting, just leave it at 4x.

"Cleen" <sk8erkid62000@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi. I reformated and installed all the drivers but my 6800gt will only
> run is 4x agp. My mobo supports 8x and befor i reformated it worked in
> 8x. I have used a couple difrent forceware drivers but no luck. I made
> sure all the drivers are installed and everything is plugged in or
> enabled. I also tryed to select 8x in the nvidia control panel but it
> will only go to 4x. When i have 4x selected in the bios it says 2x in
> the control pannel and 8x in the bios it says 4x in the CP. Any help
> would be nice!
>
> AMD Athlon64 3200+
> BFG 6800GT OC
> GigaByte GA-KA8NS PRO mobo
> Forceware 71.89 and nforce 5.10 drivers

On Thu, 05 May 2005 00:29:30 +0000,
sk8erkid62000@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Cleen) wrote:

>Any help
>would be nice!

It is important to install the AGP driver before the graphics card
driver. That is the only suggestion that I can come up with ATM.

--
Cheers,

Guy