Asus 6600GT/TD Reviews

This is the card

N6600GT/TD/128M/A Asus N6600GT/TD/128MB AGP, GF6600GT, TVout, DVI, 128MB.

Can't find any reviews

Does it have Core Temp monitoring.

Its a very fast card use 1.6ns Rams and has a stock clock of 520MHz/1.1Ghz

BigJim

from all that I have read on the gt6600 series cards they are all very close
in speed.

"CSE" <cse@noware.comn> wrote in message

> This is the card
>
> N6600GT/TD/128M/A Asus N6600GT/TD/128MB AGP, GF6600GT, TVout, DVI, 128MB.
>

> Can't find any reviews
>

> Does it have Core Temp monitoring.
>

> Its a very fast card use 1.6ns Rams and has a stock clock of
> 520MHz/1.1Ghz

All of the boards use nVidia drivers which include core temp
monitoring. The ASUS Board is based on the nVidia reference model.
This site has a description:
http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/gffx/nv43-5.html
--

On Thu, 5 May 2005 15:58:15 -0400, "G Down" <gdown@mercer.net> wrote:

>All of the boards use nVidia drivers which include core temp
>monitoring. The ASUS Board is based on the nVidia reference model.
>This site has a description:
>http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/gffx/nv43-5.html
>--

Its not there, Wrong Card...

Not all 6600GT have monitoring enable, you have to flash the bios on some
cards..

Here is a Forum Link to it..

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=2379

It seems from the One review that I read, that this card gets far to hot, it
seems to be a Big problem with all Cards that have the HSI bridge as its
not cooled by the fan and they get very hot..

Also the other problems seem to be that the heat sink is bonded and can break
on a few brands..

On Thu, 5 May 2005 11:01:33 -0400, "BigJim" <woody10277@hotmail.com> wrote:

>from all that I have read on the gt6600 series cards they are all very close
>in speed.

Its not speed that I am after, Reliability and Temp Monitoring and low Heat..

>"CSE" <cse@noware.comn> wrote in message
>>

>> This is the card
>>
>> N6600GT/TD/128M/A Asus N6600GT/TD/128MB AGP, GF6600GT, TVout, DVI, 128MB.
>>

>> Can't find any reviews
>>

>> Does it have Core Temp monitoring.
>>

>> Its a very fast card use 1.6ns Rams and has a stock clock of
>> 520MHz/1.1Ghz

Sorry here is a link to Tom's Hardware reviews that includes the
ASUS board:
http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050404/index.html
--

On Fri, 6 May 2005 00:06:39 -0400, "G Down" <gdown@mercer.net> wrote:

>Sorry here is a link to Tom's Hardware reviews that includes the
>ASUS board:
>http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050404/index.html
>--

Sorry its the Wrong Board NOT AGP..

Digit-Life has a Review but slated it as it got to Hot..

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/video/asus-3.html

>"CSE" <cse@noware.comn> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 5 May 2005 11:01:33 -0400, "BigJim"
>> <woody10277@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>from all that I have read on the gt6600 series cards they are all
>>>very close
>>>in speed.
>>

>> Its not speed that I am after, Reliability and Temp Monitoring and
>> low Heat..
>>

>>>"CSE" <cse@noware.comn> wrote in message

The PCI Express and AGP boards are the same except for the AGP
bridge. All of these reviews are not very in depth and seem to
target 3D gaming performance. Anandtech has a good review of the
6600GT boards but unfortunately, the ASUS is missing. Good luck