how to add a nvidia card to dell mb

Hi,
I have a Dell 3000 with an integrated extreme graphics 2
video card. Any special problem in adding a Nvidia card
to the m board? Which moderately priced card would be good?
Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about nvidia card dell

    On Fri, 06 May 2005 06:15:15 -0400, iblumenthal
    <iblumenthal@hoflink.com> wrote:

    >I have a Dell 3000 with an integrated extreme graphics 2
    >video card. Any special problem in adding a Nvidia card
    >to the m board?

    You mean apart from it probably not having an AGP/PCI-Express slot?

    it has 2 available pci slots i don't know about xpress slot

    Andrew wrote:
    > On Fri, 06 May 2005 06:15:15 -0400, iblumenthal
    > <iblumenthal@hoflink.com> wrote:
    >

    >>I have a Dell 3000 with an integrated extreme graphics 2
    >>video card. Any special problem in adding a Nvidia card
    >>to the m board?
    >

    > You mean apart from it probably not having an AGP/PCI-Express slot?

    That depends. Does you motherboard contain an AGP slot, which modern video
    cards require. I'd imagine not, in which case you are stuck getting a
    slower PCI based video card.

    --
    DaveW

    "iblumenthal" <iblumenthal@hoflink.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have a Dell 3000 with an integrated extreme graphics 2
    > video card. Any special problem in adding a Nvidia card
    > to the m board? Which moderately priced card would be good?
    > Thanks.

Nvidia Dell Graphics