how to add a nvidia card to dell mb

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 6, 2005 10:15:15 AM

Hi,
I have a Dell 3000 with an integrated extreme graphics 2
video card. Any special problem in adding a Nvidia card
to the m board? Which moderately priced card would be good?
Thanks.

More about : add nvidia card dell

May 6, 2005 2:48:21 PM

On Fri, 06 May 2005 06:15:15 -0400, iblumenthal
<iblumenthal@hoflink.com> wrote:

>I have a Dell 3000 with an integrated extreme graphics 2
>video card. Any special problem in adding a Nvidia card
>to the m board?

You mean apart from it probably not having an AGP/PCI-Express slot?
May 6, 2005 2:48:22 PM

it has 2 available pci slots i don't know about xpress slot

Andrew wrote:
> On Fri, 06 May 2005 06:15:15 -0400, iblumenthal
> <iblumenthal@hoflink.com> wrote:
>

>>I have a Dell 3000 with an integrated extreme graphics 2
>>video card. Any special problem in adding a Nvidia card
>>to the m board?
>

> You mean apart from it probably not having an AGP/PCI-Express slot?
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 8:35:13 PM

That depends. Does you motherboard contain an AGP slot, which modern video
cards require. I'd imagine not, in which case you are stuck getting a
slower PCI based video card.

--
DaveW

!