Hello,
no connection icon in windows 7.
cable connecion is working, but i would like a connection icon in tray
November 28, 2010 11:47:38 PM

Quote:
Hello,
no connection icon in windows 7.
cable connecion is working, but i would like a connection icon in tray

If you would like the icon to show up in the system tray then just right click the task bar and click properties, and on the task bar tab you will notice the notification area, click the customize button. From there you can change things.
m
l
November 29, 2010 12:37:46 AM

How to show your Network connection icon in the taskbar?

1. Go to the start menu and choose control panel. Then double click on the Network Connections icon.
2. Now choose your internet connection adapter. I am using LAN ( Local Area Connection) which is with a Ethernet cable. Yours may be a wireless adapter. Right Click on your connection and choose properties from the menu.
3. On the general tab of the Local Area connection properties there is a box that says Show icon in notification area when connected. Tick this box to show the network connections icon in the taskbar.

Source: http://tips4pc.com/articles/networking%20tips/how_to_sh...

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team
m
l
Related resources
February 21, 2012 10:53:58 AM

Chances are some 'helpful' software from your PC/network adaptor vender/ISP has put their own network configurations tool on you windows install. This used to be sort of helpful in the days of XP but now its just tiresome. So lets get back to defaut:

1. got Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Notification Area Icons
2. Click 'Turn system icons on or off'
3. turn 'on' Network.
4. click 'OK' a few times and all is back to normal.

Chris
m
l
April 4, 2012 11:40:49 AM

elcrp96 said:
Chances are some 'helpful' software from your PC/network adaptor vender/ISP has put their own network configurations tool on you windows install. This used to be sort of helpful in the days of XP but now its just tiresome. So lets get back to defaut:

1. got Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Notification Area Icons
2. Click 'Turn system icons on or off'
3. turn 'on' Network.
4. click 'OK' a few times and all is back to normal.

Chris

Thank you for this. I had a similar issue and really had to scour the boards to find this "simple" fix.
m
l
October 10, 2012 5:46:27 PM

brooklynspo said:
Thank you for this. I had a similar issue and really had to scour the boards to find this "simple" fix.

Win 7 does not have the show connection icon. At least not that I can find. Well, not like the other win versions. The other versions show two computer monitors blinking indicating upload/download traffic. Win 7 only shows that the connection is made by your network's icon such as broadband provider, etc. I even tried to use Zone Alarm to show the connection traffic. Their icon used to show upload and download traffic. Now it is just the Z incon. Oh well, progress......
m
l
!