Best Video Card for Asus P4C800E

I am not a gamer, but would like a dependable video card
for general use with my P4C800E Deluxe. ATI or
Nvidia ? I am having vertical lines with my card (AIW9700Pro) and
can't seem to resolve it. I've reinstalled drivers but no use.
ATI help desk is useless.
Thanks.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

<Okoidogo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am not a gamer, but would like a dependable video card
> for general use with my P4C800E Deluxe. ATI or
> Nvidia ? I am having vertical lines with my card (AIW9700Pro) and
> can't seem to resolve it. I've reinstalled drivers but no use.
> ATI help desk is useless.
> Thanks.

Don't know what your budget is, but I've been running a MSI Ti4200 VIVO on
my IS7 (i865PE chipset) using the latest nVidia drivers (currently 71.89)
and it's been really reliable. I'm not a gamer either so the lack of
DirectX 9.0 support does not bother me. You can probably get the Ti4200
these days for about $60. On the other hand, if I were to go out now and
get a new video card for my system, it'll probably be a 6600GT VIVO card
that costs about $200.

<Okoidogo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am not a gamer, but would like a dependable video card
> for general use with my P4C800E Deluxe. ATI or
> Nvidia ? I am having vertical lines with my card (AIW9700Pro) and
> can't seem to resolve it. I've reinstalled drivers but no use.
> ATI help desk is useless.
> Thanks.

If you're not going to play any heavy duty 3D games then go as cheap as you
want. Whatever card you choose, the p4c800ed will have no effect on the
card's output. Pick a card. Any card.

Tony.