Drivers for G4 TI4200

What are the best drivers for a Gainward G4 TI 4200? Got this from Ebay
for $33.

Thanks,
Rod

Rod Williams wrote:

> What are the best drivers for a Gainward G4 TI 4200? Got this from Ebay
> for $33.
>
> Thanks,
> Rod

The answer to your question very much depends on your OS, DirectX
version, and what games you want to play.

On a Win98SE system with DirectX9c, the most recent drivers mostly have
some problems ranging from minor to critical. On my system, I have found
the nVidia driver 45.23 to be the last completely trouble free driver.
However, some games require a more modern driver and the 61.76 is
reasonable safe but can cause some minor problems.

The most recent driver for Win98 that works at all and generally is OK
is 71.84. You can expect very different results on WinXP systems where
the more recent drivers work better.

Shawn

People still run 98????!
I cant believe that! :)

Shawn

In article <WbGdnbYF9PAhk-PfRVn-pw@adelphia.com>, Rod Williams says...
> What are the best drivers for a Gainward G4 TI 4200? Got this from Ebay
> for $33.
>
> Thanks,
> Rod

THe ones on nVidias site.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Currently using 53.03 on my Ti4400.....soon to be replaced by a 6800gt.
The best ones i've used though are the 45.23,all available from the nvidia
site.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/page/home.html

"Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <WbGdnbYF9PAhk-PfRVn-pw@adelphia.com>, Rod Williams says...
> > What are the best drivers for a Gainward G4 TI 4200? Got this from Ebay
> > for $33.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rod
> >
> THe ones on nVidias site.
>
> --
> Conor
>
> "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.

got a bargain there mate!

"Rod Williams" <Rodf@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> What are the best drivers for a Gainward G4 TI 4200? Got this from Ebay
> for $33.
>
> Thanks,
> Rod

Try the current ones first, then others if you feel like experimenting with
benchmarks or fraps.
The later ones were faster on mine.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

On Sun, 8 May 2005 08:47:55 -0700, "shawn" <futurefitness@cox.net>
wrote:

>People still run 98????!
>I cant believe that! :)
>
>Shawn

Lots of old programs don't work well under Win 2k/XP. I'm
willing to bef that when Longhorn is released, we'll problably see
most Win9x programs stop working all together.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I'm using the latest driver release 71.89 with my MSI Ti4200 AGP8x 128MB
VIVO on an Abit IS7 on Windows XP and it works really well.

"Rod Williams" <Rodf@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> What are the best drivers for a Gainward G4 TI 4200? Got this from Ebay
> for $33.
>
> Thanks,
> Rod

The 45.23 driver is the most stable for that model of video card.

--
DaveW