How to test core/memory speed?

Just recieved my 6600GT AGP today. After installing, and
plugging in the power dongle, I powered up the system. No boot. :(
Have a cheap Chieftech 650W PSU, and figured it was the problem. I did
a "reseat" check of AGP slot, and power dongle, and it now works
perfectly. No hickups.
Since I was upgrading from a GF4 Ti4400, I unistalled the
drivers, then used Driver Cleaner o remove any leftover stuf, and
installed a fresh driver set. Ran games, and demos, and it is a nice
improvement over the GF 4 Ti.
I read that if the card doesn't get enough power that it
defaults down to half it's core/memory speed. Is there a program that
will display the speeds?

Enable the Coolbits overclocking/monitoring panel in the nVidia drivers.
Google for it.

Or use a free hardware info utility like Everest (formerly Adda32).