Favourite vehicles in SA?

Airplanes - Shamal or Hydra. Shamal is fine for airport to airport
travel - very quick, like a jetfighter.

Cars - usually the Washington is the car of choice. Bit too slow but
otherwise ok. Denise's Hustler is good if in Grove St. Prefer Bullet as
the main sports car. Elegy is the preferred rice car as I own a Skyline
in real life but it's way too tail-happy (just like real life!)

Helicopters - Leviathan or Raindance. I like the big powerful choppers
w/ wheels, you can be rough and slap them down hard and roll. The skid
helicopters tend to bounce a bit when you slap them down and they don't
have the power. Also the Cargobob handles weird.

Motorcycles - easily the FCR900 but it's rare-ish. The NRG500 is cute
and all but it's a hard to manage.

T.

tlai909@visto.com wrote:

> Airplanes - Shamal or Hydra. Shamal is fine for airport to airport
> travel - very quick, like a jetfighter.

any

> Cars - usually the Washington is the car of choice. Bit too slow but
> otherwise ok. Denise's Hustler is good if in Grove St. Prefer Bullet as
> the main sports car. Elegy is the preferred rice car as I own a Skyline
> in real life but it's way too tail-happy (just like real life!)

I like the elegy too but I love bumping into a slamvan. How it can be
worth so little cash when you export it is beyond me. Sandking and
Patriot are probably the two I actually go looking for

> Helicopters - Leviathan or Raindance. I like the big powerful choppers
> w/ wheels, you can be rough and slap them down hard and roll. The skid
> helicopters tend to bounce a bit when you slap them down and they don't
> have the power. Also the Cargobob handles weird.

The one which can land in water, or the two, I should say as I like
the sparrow too

> Motorcycles - easily the FCR900 but it's rare-ish. The NRG500 is cute
> and all but it's a hard to manage.
>
> T.

yeah, between those two, or the mountain bike :O)
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

tlai909@visto.com wrote:
> Airplanes - Shamal or Hydra. Shamal is fine for airport to airport
> travel - very quick, like a jetfighter.
>
> Cars - usually the Washington is the car of choice. Bit too slow but
> otherwise ok. Denise's Hustler is good if in Grove St. Prefer Bullet
> as the main sports car. Elegy is the preferred rice car as I own a
> Skyline in real life but it's way too tail-happy (just like real
> life!)
>
> Helicopters - Leviathan or Raindance. I like the big powerful choppers
> w/ wheels, you can be rough and slap them down hard and roll. The skid
> helicopters tend to bounce a bit when you slap them down and they
> don't have the power. Also the Cargobob handles weird.
>
> Motorcycles - easily the FCR900 but it's rare-ish. The NRG500 is cute
> and all but it's a hard to manage.

NRG500 is a good motorbike, but unfortunately it has been hampering my
attempts at unique jumps. It would actually go too far in some cases and
the jump not register. (this is not the case with the jump I reported
problems with).

i'm a porsche enthusiast...so i would have to say my fav. vech in SA would
definitley have to be the Comet - i wish the engine was located in the rear
though, just like in real life 911 models.

"Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message
> tlai909@visto.com wrote:
> > Airplanes - Shamal or Hydra. Shamal is fine for airport to airport
> > travel - very quick, like a jetfighter.
> >
> > Cars - usually the Washington is the car of choice. Bit too slow but
> > otherwise ok. Denise's Hustler is good if in Grove St. Prefer Bullet
> > as the main sports car. Elegy is the preferred rice car as I own a
> > Skyline in real life but it's way too tail-happy (just like real
> > life!)
> >
> > Helicopters - Leviathan or Raindance. I like the big powerful choppers
> > w/ wheels, you can be rough and slap them down hard and roll. The skid
> > helicopters tend to bounce a bit when you slap them down and they
> > don't have the power. Also the Cargobob handles weird.
> >
> > Motorcycles - easily the FCR900 but it's rare-ish. The NRG500 is cute
> > and all but it's a hard to manage.
>
> NRG500 is a good motorbike, but unfortunately it has been hampering my
> attempts at unique jumps. It would actually go too far in some cases and
> the jump not register. (this is not the case with the jump I reported
> problems with).

I found the whole engine placement thing to be weird. The MR2 Super GT
has a front engine?

And also I found that the engine placement is strange.

If you lose the bonnet, you find your FWD car has a north/south V6???

With a round aircleaner/carburettor?

T.

Vehicle skills are kinda funny...

I have maxxed out motorcycle but I don't remember riding all that much.

Driving skills climb slow.

Bicycle skills climb fast but I like the radio. I don't fly enough to
get good skills there.

T.

<tlai909@visto.com> wrote in message
> Airplanes - Shamal or Hydra. Shamal is fine for airport to airport
> travel - very quick, like a jetfighter.

Shamal is nice.

> Cars - usually the Washington is the car of choice. Bit too slow but
> otherwise ok. Denise's Hustler is good if in Grove St. Prefer Bullet as
> the main sports car. Elegy is the preferred rice car as I own a Skyline
> in real life but it's way too tail-happy (just like real life!)

The banshee has been my favourite car since GTA3. I will stop and hijack one
on the road if I see it stopped at lights, even if I've only got 2 blocks to
go.

> Helicopters - Leviathan or Raindance. I like the big powerful choppers
> w/ wheels, you can be rough and slap them down hard and roll. The skid
> helicopters tend to bounce a bit when you slap them down and they don't
> have the power. Also the Cargobob handles weird.

After playing the pilot school missions until I got gold, I've actually
become quite fond of the Hunter. It's finicky as hell, bt vigilante mode is
more fun than a barrel of very fun things indeed.

> Motorcycles - easily the FCR900 but it's rare-ish. The NRG500 is cute
> and all but it's a hard to manage.

Same here. FCR900 for wheelies, stoppies and jumps, the NRG500 when you need
to get from Los Santos to San Fierro in 3 minutes.

Towelie

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

TV's tlai909@visto.com wrote:
>I found the whole engine placement thing to be weird. The MR2 Super GT
> has a front engine?
>
> And also I found that the engine placement is strange.
>
> If you lose the bonnet, you find your FWD car has a north/south V6???
>
> With a round aircleaner/carburettor?

The Super GT is based on the Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4.

--

Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.

aa #2133
ap #19

Razor

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

<tlai909@visto.com> wrote in message
> Airplanes - Shamal or Hydra. Shamal is fine for airport to airport
> travel - very quick, like a jetfighter.
>
> Cars - usually the Washington is the car of choice. Bit too slow but
> otherwise ok. Denise's Hustler is good if in Grove St. Prefer Bullet as
> the main sports car. Elegy is the preferred rice car as I own a Skyline
> in real life but it's way too tail-happy (just like real life!)
>
> Helicopters - Leviathan or Raindance. I like the big powerful choppers
> w/ wheels, you can be rough and slap them down hard and roll. The skid
> helicopters tend to bounce a bit when you slap them down and they don't
> have the power. Also the Cargobob handles weird.
>
> Motorcycles - easily the FCR900 but it's rare-ish. The NRG500 is cute
> and all but it's a hard to manage.
>
> T.

Jetpack, Hydra or any of the motorbikes.
Though I have been going through a lot of quadbikes lately.
I rarely drive cars.