Stuttering sounds when playing MP3's with Winamp FX-5500

Rich

This used to only happen when the screen saver would activate, I could just
walk over and move the mouse and everything would be fine until the ss came
back on. Now it seems that no matter what I'm doing every once in a while I
get this stuttering sound, I can't link it to anything specific like disc
activity or this program or that one running when it happens it seems to be
just random. I found several people that had this problem and updated there
drivers to the latest version and the problem went away, well that hasn't
worked for me and I did a complete uninstall of the drivers and used drive
cleaner as well followed the instructions but I still have this odd problem.

The card is an FX-5500 with WindowsXP Pro, would one of the older drivers
work better for this card?

Thanks for any help, Rich

i get something similar on an old sony vaio laptop

if can try streaming the content from another pc or the web to test it.

for me i believe it to be a result of the poorly written drivers for my wifi
card.