automatically connecting to PAN

April 15, 2004 4:48:43 PM

Hi,
I'm looking into using bluetooth PANs as a short-range replacement to
802.11ad hoc networking.

I'm hoping to do the following:
- when 2 devices are in range they form a PAN automatically (not having to
manually make the connection using the bluetooth manager)
- then i can open up a socket and start sending / receiving data

i can do this with 802.11 ad hoc networking but cannot get the ipaq 5550 to
AUTOMATICALLY connect to a PAN. i have to connect manually w/ the bluetooth
manager. I've paired the 2 devices and that doesnt make a difference.

I believe automatic connections are supported in other profiles (for example
you shouldnt have to manually connect to use a bluetooth headset)

Can anyone help with this?
Anonymous
April 16, 2004 10:53:27 PM

Sorry, but this kind of functionality is not available in most devices.

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):