Is it true?

It it true that two 6600GTs in SLI configuration is better than one
6800gt Ultra? Thought I read in PC Gamer that this is the case. They
were reviewing a Falcon Talon I believe which had an A8N-SLI, 1 gig ram
and A64 3500+ with 2 6600gts. Thoughts?

Ron

I stopped reading printed hardware magazines a long time ago. The articles
tend to be shallow and sometimes outdated. There are plenty of 6600GT SLI vs
6800GT articles at Anandtech or TomsHardware. Look them up.

"Ron Joiner" <joiner@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> It it true that two 6600GTs in SLI configuration is better than one 6800gt
> Ultra? Thought I read in PC Gamer that this is the case. They were
> reviewing a Falcon Talon I believe which had an A8N-SLI, 1 gig ram and A64
> 3500+ with 2 6600gts. Thoughts?
>
> Ron

"Ron Joiner" <joiner@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> It it true that two 6600GTs in SLI configuration is better than one 6800gt
> Ultra? Thought I read in PC Gamer that this is the case. They were
> reviewing a Falcon Talon I believe which had an A8N-SLI, 1 gig ram and A64
> 3500+ with 2 6600gts. Thoughts?
>
> Ron

No.

Richard Dower wrote:
> "Ron Joiner" <joiner@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>
>>It it true that two 6600GTs in SLI configuration is better than one 6800gt
>>Ultra? Thought I read in PC Gamer that this is the case. They were
>>reviewing a Falcon Talon I believe which had an A8N-SLI, 1 gig ram and A64
>>3500+ with 2 6600gts. Thoughts?
>>
>>Ron
>

> No.

Sounds like you have an Ultra and the truth hurts!

FoO - I second this - if it's in print, it's outdated
Tom and Anand are where you should start any hardware research
Then google ;)

Ron Joiner schrieb:
> Richard Dower wrote:
>
>> "Ron Joiner" <joiner@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>
>>> It it true that two 6600GTs in SLI configuration is better than one
>>> 6800gt Ultra? Thought I read in PC Gamer that this is the case. They
>>> were reviewing a Falcon Talon I believe which had an A8N-SLI, 1 gig
>>> ram and A64 3500+ with 2 6600gts. Thoughts?
>>>
>>> Ron
>>

>> No.
>>
> Sounds like you have an Ultra and the truth hurts!

Sound like you bought an SLI board and seriously want to cash out...that
makes my wallet hurt just by reading it....

"Thomas Kohl" <dontwantnospam@home.de> wrote in message
> Ron Joiner schrieb:
>> Richard Dower wrote:
>>
>>> "Ron Joiner" <joiner@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

>>> No.
>>>
>> Sounds like you have an Ultra and the truth hurts!
>

> Sound like you bought an SLI board and seriously want to cash
> out...that makes my wallet hurt just by reading it....

LOL! I think I'd read up on it at Anandtech before saying one way or
the other if I didn't have both setups in front of me to see for myself
:)
McG.

From the early comparisons I've read the answer is no. Two 6600GT's in SLI
are not faster than one 6800 ultra. There is also the problem of limited SLI
support for games.
This is getting better with a new driver version that lets the user "write"
an sli script,but the user has to figure out which SLI mode the game is
compatible with. There are two SLI modes and games will either use one or
the other.Not both.

"Ron Joiner" <joiner@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> It it true that two 6600GTs in SLI configuration is better than one
> 6800gt Ultra? Thought I read in PC Gamer that this is the case. They
> were reviewing a Falcon Talon I believe which had an A8N-SLI, 1 gig ram
> and A64 3500+ with 2 6600gts. Thoughts?
>
> Ron

TRENDING THREADS