Adjusting video with monitor and driver

I recently built a new computer, but used the video card from my previous
computer
(a 6800NU AGP). After installing XP, I went to adjust the monitor colors
using the
nvidia driver's adjustment applet, however no matter how I adjust the
controls
within the driver or the physical controls of my monitor (a high end 21" IBM
P260
which was working fine before the computer swap) I simply cannot see the
"grey bars" that you are supposed to see when adjusting (I'm running dual
monitors and can see them fine in the second monitor). Any ideas why? The
monitor looks horrible and I can't get even close to black on it (everything
that
should be black is just a dark grey).
2 answers Last reply
More about adjusting video monitor driver

    "RobR" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >I recently built a new computer, but used the video card from my previous
    >computer
    > (a 6800NU AGP). After installing XP, I went to adjust the monitor colors
    > using the
    > nvidia driver's adjustment applet, however no matter how I adjust the
    > controls
    > within the driver or the physical controls of my monitor (a high end 21"
    > IBM P260
    > which was working fine before the computer swap) I simply cannot see the
    > "grey bars" that you are supposed to see when adjusting (I'm running dual
    > monitors and can see them fine in the second monitor). Any ideas why?
    > The
    > monitor looks horrible and I can't get even close to black on it
    > (everything that
    > should be black is just a dark grey).

    im running 71.89 btw

    So swap the dual monitors video cables and see if the problem follows a
    monitor. Usually you cannot have two active compensation tables.

    > "RobR" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>I recently built a new computer, but used the video card from my previous
    >>computer
    >> (a 6800NU AGP). After installing XP, I went to adjust the monitor colors
    >> using the
    >> nvidia driver's adjustment applet, however no matter how I adjust the
    >> controls
    >> within the driver or the physical controls of my monitor (a high end 21"
    >> IBM P260
    >> which was working fine before the computer swap) I simply cannot see the
    >> "grey bars" that you are supposed to see when adjusting (I'm running dual
    >> monitors and can see them fine in the second monitor). Any ideas why?
    >> The
    >> monitor looks horrible and I can't get even close to black on it
    >> (everything that
    >> should be black is just a dark grey).
    >>

    > im running 71.89 btw

Nvidia Computer Video Monitors Graphics