NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 TVOUT, Mirror the desktop

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • TV
  • Desktops
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 19, 2005 9:48:03 PM

Hi,

I can use the NTSC TV OUT as "2nd monitor", IE the desktop
extends onto the Television screen.

I want to MIRROR the desktop. So person at the other
end of the room can watch the Television screen, and
see exactly what I am doing on my computer. I want
the TV to display exactly what is on the monitor.

Is there a way to do this? I looked through the
settings and control panels and I cannot find the
setting.

please email aiiadict AT gmail DOT com

Rich

More about : nvidia geforce4 440 tvout mirror desktop

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 1:07:21 AM

aiiadict@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can use the NTSC TV OUT as "2nd monitor", IE the desktop
> extends onto the Television screen.
>
> I want to MIRROR the desktop. So person at the other
> end of the room can watch the Television screen, and
> see exactly what I am doing on my computer. I want
> the TV to display exactly what is on the monitor.
>
> Is there a way to do this? I looked through the
> settings and control panels and I cannot find the
> setting.

Well, for one thing you would need to change your desktop to 640x480, as you
can't change your TV to take higher resolutions, and mirroring needs the
same resolution on all screens.

> please email aiiadict AT gmail DOT com

No. Ask in news, and receive an answer in news. If people answer by email,
they can't see if others have answered before them, and will waste time.
Plus, others who wonder about the same as you do won't see the answer
either.
But most of all, if you're too lazy to check whether there's any answers
here, the question wasn't important enough that you should have asked the
whole world about it in the first place.

--
*Art
Anonymous

I know about the TV resolution.

The problem is the NVIDIA control
panel and windows control panel. I
cant find a setting to output the
video signal to 2 monitors.

And thanks for the lecture on
email..

Rich
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 1:56:05 AM

Go to the nVidia display applet, ( Display Properties, Advanced GeForce tab)
and set the nView mode to Clone.

There is a problem with this setup that if you use video overlays, you canna
mirror the overlay on both screens. You can have it fullscreen in one window
and displayed normally in another ( this is done via the video mirror
options.) The other way to get this to work is to disable overlays and use
something like VMR High Quality mode for video in WMP, which should adjust
the default setting for Windows. However, some apps will have their own
setting.

!