Crash in Searing Gorge?

OK,

I have NEVER had any kind of crash in WoW, I have had lag and server
bomb outs etc - but never a client crash of any kind.

Until I went to Searing Gorge recently - entering from the NE of the
zone (the locked gates) I have had 6 crashes of my graphics card in a
total of about 30 mins in the zone, over 2 separate visits. Often the
graphics card can recover from the crash - but sometimes it cant, and
it always fails to recover when I have just made a brave pull!!!

Graphics are Sapphire 9800 Pro 128 MB, with Catalyst 5.6 Drivers. Win
XP Pro - fully patched. 1.5GB mem - etc

Before I post a bug report - anyone else seen this?

Cheers
2 answers Last reply
More about crash searing gorge

    Really wierd... i am having the same problem with Radeon 9800XT 256mb
    and its ONLY in searing gorge when i get this graphics error which
    alt-tabs the game and usually recovers but then i sometimes can't go
    back into the game.... did anyone find a cure for this?

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:40:20 GMT,
    Peteman990@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Peteman990) wrote:

    >Really wierd... i am having the same problem with Radeon 9800XT 256mb
    >and its ONLY in searing gorge when i get this graphics error which
    >alt-tabs the game and usually recovers but then i sometimes can't go
    >back into the game.... did anyone find a cure for this?

    WOW - Spooky, looks like you posted to wrong group (or cross posted)
    , however, I have found this to, only searing Gorge. In WOW, I have
    Radeon 9800 pro - with the 5.7 Catalyst drivers, WinXP fully patched.

    Have not found a cure, guess we have to wait for WoW patch or new Cat
    drivers with fix - depends where problem is.

    Cheers

Gateway Crash Graphics Cards World Of Warcraft Computers