Slow audio extraction from Solo 5300

Hi,

after purchasing an iPod and a 40Gb HD, I've decided to transfer my CD
collection to the iPod.

The internal DVD drive is a Toshiba sd-c2402 which is supposed to play
CDs up to 24x, but when extracting the audio files through iTunes it
reaches 3x at best.
So I tried my external Jackrabbit CD burner, supposed to reach 36x via
the FW pccard.
Same result: never goes faster than 3x.

D'you know of any flash bios or software that could improve the speed of
audio extraction ? I've already installed the Adaptec ASPI drivers with
no improvement.

Ta,
RVG
1 answer Last reply
More about slow audio extraction solo 5300

    RVG,

    Your machine is probably the bottleneck. Perhaps the processor which is
    laboring to translate the files into whatever format the iPod uses.

    Mellow

    R.V. Gronoff wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > after purchasing an iPod and a 40Gb HD, I've decided to transfer my CD
    > collection to the iPod.
    >
    > The internal DVD drive is a Toshiba sd-c2402 which is supposed to play
    > CDs up to 24x, but when extracting the audio files through iTunes it
    > reaches 3x at best.
    > So I tried my external Jackrabbit CD burner, supposed to reach 36x via
    > the FW pccard.
    > Same result: never goes faster than 3x.
    >
    > D'you know of any flash bios or software that could improve the speed of
    > audio extraction ? I've already installed the Adaptec ASPI drivers with
    > no improvement.
    >
    > Ta,
    > RVG

Gateway Audio Computers